Responsible for managing entire distribution operations and functions within an organization.
- Oversee warehouse operations.
- Order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements for machines.
- Oversee the transportation of goods from production site to consumer to client.
- Develop and implement a logistics process.
- Inventory goods that arrive from manufacturer.
- Review and approve purchase orders.
- Ship finished products.
- Handle incoming raw materials.
- Ascertain how much freight to place on shipments.
- Devise routes for shipments.
- Deploy truck drivers.
- Monitor progress of major shipments to ensure receipt.
- Direct the activities of logistics division.
- Collaborate with marketing executives to ensure that new products reach the right markets at the optimal time.
- Ensure goods are stored properly and at the right temperature.
- Conduct market research to learn about the demand for different goods. Convince retailers to carry their products.
- Determine what goods sell best to commercial businesses and consumers.
- Decide appropriate quantities of items to stock.
- Ensure inventory maintains optimal levels.
- Take orders over the phone, Internet, or through email.
- Put together catalogues advertising products.
- Visit retailers to demonstrate products.
- Negotiate contracts and prices.
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Ensures compliance with standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Balances work capacity/loading across the distribution center.
- Determines head count needs and ensures compliance with company policies.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
- Strategic Thinking.
This role is responsible for daily supervision of a team of managers, supervisors and administrative personnel (50-plus employees)
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a distribution setting.
- Strong leadership skills
- Stable work history
- Proven track record of success
Company will pay for relocation