Distribution Engineer, Intermediate/Senior
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Power & Process business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of North America’s gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has exciting opportunities available for Intermediate and Senior Distribution Engineers. This position is located in our Vancouver, BC office and reports to the Manager of DistributionEngineering. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Engineering of distributionelectrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design and into construction and into service
- Leading or supporting overhead and underground distributionengineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and overall project engineering coordination, including outages
- Responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Leading a team of experienced engineers and designers when required to successfully deliver a portfolio of challenging projects
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with other design disciplines and external stakeholders and assist team leads and managers
- Mentoring and guiding junior staff
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Skills / Qualifications
- ElectricalEngineeringDegree from a recognized university along with a Professional Engineering Designation or eligibility for registration with APEGBC
- 7+ years of overhead and underground distributionengineeringexperience serving BC Hydro and / or other utilities in North America
- Knowledge of CSA / IEC / NESC Standards and Codes and major utility Engineering Standards
- Knowledge of electrical design including the selection and installation of conductors, insulators, switchgear, circuit breakers, fuses and otherdistribution equipment is required
- Knowledge of structural, civil and geotechnical aspects of distributionengineering is an asset
- Knowledge of overhead systems design and the use of PLS-CADD is an asset
- Experience with substation and transmission projects is an asset
- Experience in power system analysis using software CYME, ETAP, etc.
- Experience with AutoCAD an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to exercise initiative when resolving issues and in adapting and applying procedures to address unusual situations
- Experience working in a utility or consulting environment and managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Able to take on responsibility for high-profile projects and grow professionally with our expanding organization
- Passionate in all that you do, you are a dynamic team member who works hard but also has a lot of fun!