At American Family Insurance, we’re driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R11818 Distribution Director (Open)
Oversees and leads staff to develop sales strategies and supportfor various enterprise distribution channels (exclusive agents, independent agents, direct/partner management.)
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Successfully obtain and maintain the appropriate insurance licenses (property casualty) as required to do business with American Family and its alliances within 12 months of employment.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience working with insurance products, insurance operations, and/or insurance distribution networks and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with insurance profit and loss to determine impact of distribution management decisions
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
Additional Job Information:
Candidates selected for an interview with the hiring manager will be asked to complete a leadership skills assessment.
- Provides leadership to managers and professional staff
- Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Decisions are guided by resource availability and organizational objectives
- Develops distribution strategies that align to market segment strategies and by partnering with market segment leads and enterprise distribution channel management (exclusive agencies sales management, independent agent management, and partner management)
- Establishes expanded distribution channels through partnering with affiliates, in line with distribution strategies (omni-channels, book roll capabilities, white-label, etc.)
- Oversees development of Line specific support for distribution partners (websites, training materials, release communications, etc.)
- Develops strategies to increase line engagement with sales management in exclusive agency channel including, but not limited to incentives, training, etc. to drive greater diversification of agency business
- Works closely with exclusive agent distribution channel to support the sale of line products, is the subject expert for the line, assists in sales generation and assessing the product needs of our customers.
- Contributes to the growth of the line through influencing distribution channel experiences, incentives, etc.
- Oversees the agency and customer support through contact centers, while staying in alignment with the varied market segment strategies/priorities
- Responsible for partner development of non-traditional partnerships aligning to market segments. Ongoing partner management of non-traditional partners