• Manages and performs detailed design for overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
• Develops company standards and processes for distribution design.
• Manages design tools and coordinates with IT to make tools available to regionally distributed team.
• Ensures proper training and use of tools by design team.
• Provides management for high growth distribution design team, including hiring, training, and project assignments.
• Able to work independently to design construction work orders for overhead and underground electric distribution facilities in accordance with client, NESC, regional and company standards, guides, specifications, and processes.
• Assist or review plans, cost estimates, and materials and equipment requisitions for proposals and projects.
• Works with Power Delivery executives and HR to recruit and on-board new design talent.
• Develops project estimates and schedules, evaluates design options and criteria for technical merit, and conducts field visits to verify site conditions and parameters.
• Works with proposal team in preparation of proposal responses for distribution-related pursuits.
• Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology from an accredited college or university. Other relevant education and work experience may also be acceptable. Bachelor’s Degree and PE licensure and/or ability to obtain PE licensure preferred, but not required.
• Demonstrated experience with CAD (AutoCAD and Microstation) and GIS systems (ArcGIS, Smallworld or GWD).
• 5+ years of distribution project design experience with electric utility or engineering firm.
• Demonstrated leadership to lead and grow professionals with a range of experience.
• Ability to engage and collaborate with construction field teams.
• Ability to work directly with clients to achieve successful project results.
• Ability to define and implement standards and procedures.
• Demonstrates a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with office and field personnel, contractors, suppliers, and other parties in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
Requisition ID: 73821