Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world’s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Distribution Connectivity Manager will work with the Director of OTA Operations and Director of GDS to develop and implement our connectivity strategy. The Distribution Connectivity Manager will be responsible for developing the OTA connectivity strategy for third party systems. This includes, selecting third party vendors for implementation of connectivity and managing those vendors. In addition this position is responsible for implementing connectivity to our third party partners and ensuring we are displaying rates, inventory, restrictions and content correctly in all third party systems. This position requires a thorough understanding of all systems used to connect to our third party partners, including proprietary systems, third party tools, and the central reservation system. This person is responsible for connectivity systems (OTA & GDS) including the strategy and implementation, setup, testing and support of these connections. This position is analytical and technical in nature and requires an understanding of XML and the ability to read transfer logs.
- Development of operational strategies, operational efficiencies, and technology initiatives for all OTA and GDS third party systems and partners.
- Provide leadership for management of third party systems, including managing the third party relationship with outside vendors.
- Partner with IT and leadership, to develop an OTA & GDS connectivity roadmap, that keeps MGM innovative and ahead of our competition.
- Become a Distribution connectivity system expert using the MGM connectivity tools: Opera CRS, Lanyon, GDS, EZYield, and all custom connectivity systems.
- Troubleshoot, support and correct connectivity issues and communicates to management, IT support and properties on the connectivity status of our systems.
- Set up data and performs testing with our third party partners and internal IT teams, reports results to leadership.
- Analyze results and makes recommendations to management.
- Act as a resource and system expert for management, properties, and co-workers for questions regarding OTA and GDS Distribution Connectivity.
- Plan, implement and execute the development of standard operating procedures and best practices, appending processes as required.
- Create and maintain Distribution Connectivity documentation such as training manuals, “how to” documents, and checklists.
- Drive and execute all implementation, support, education, and communication to ensure successful delivery of OTA operational best practices at the hotel level.
- Target improvements in work flow processes, procedures, service levels, making recommendations as necessary.
- Working with the Director of OTA and Director of GDS to develop connectivity roadmap that keeps MGM Resorts innovative and ahead of our competition.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas or in an equivalent technical field: Computer Information Systems or Hotel Management or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 3 years experience with distribution systems, central reservation systems, content systems, online travel agencies.
- Experience in hospitality operations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.