Manages the transportation, cross-docking and distribution systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and economical delivery of product. Area of responsibility include all phases of transportation: shipment planning and execution, order control, documentation, carrier selection, freight negotiation, transportationclaims, distribution center / warehouse performance and other support functions. Establishes, maintains and is responsible for distribution center goals, priorities, short and long-term performance objectives, quality, and budgetresponsibilities. Responsible for all aspects of people including staffing, safety, adherence to policy, rewards and recognition, succession planning, training, performance, security and overall culture.
- Management skills.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of Distribution process, including supply chain, scheduling, finance and manufacturing.
- Must have strong written communications skills necessary to document current processes and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Must have strong verbal and presentation skills; to conduct meetings and make presentations to all levels of management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the departmental budgeting process.
- Able to build external relationships with customers and/or suppliers
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the fields of supply chain, distribution or business.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast paced distribution/cross-docking environment.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Steelcase offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including profit sharing.