- Direct and supervise the operations of the Distribution Center. Design and implement the facility plan to optimize cost, quality, and safety. Ensure the D.C. staffing and resources provide prompt, accurate, high quality delivery of product.
- Communicates the facility goals for cost, quality, and safety to the staff, which includes department managers, supervisors, warehouse and office personnel. Using extensive knowledge of distribution operations and organizational expertise, develops the understanding and capabilities of the team to accomplish these goals.
- Monitors the daily performance of all warehouse activities (Receiving, Order Filling, Shipping, Inventory Control, Equipment, Housekeeping and Maintenance). Guides the staff in developing action plans to remedy operational deficiencies in all departments.
- Coordinates, directly or through Team Leaders, all staffing functions (recruiting, hiring, assignment of duties, training, personnel development and performance reviews, salary administration, promotions and transfers, and disciplinary action including termination).
- Reports all performance measures as required by the Region Manager, Director of Distribution, and other General Office functions.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws, including EEO, AAP, and OSHA. Ensures compliance with all Company personnel policies.
- Acquires and maintains information on distribution industry changes to remain knowledgeable of the most current distribution methods available.
- Supports the company goals for continuous improvement and "Total Quality Management". Provides guidance to the departmental TQM teams and facilitates special project teams as required. Develops an organizational culture characterized by open communication, cooperation and trust.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
A college degree in business administration, operations management and Distribution Logistics or equivalent work experience is required.
5-10 years in distribution operations or equivalent experiencerequired.
Demonstrated success in leadership roles and consistent achievement record in all work or school related activities.
Desirable relevant work experience includes warehouse administration, general business management, warehouse labor (Receiving, Order Filling, Shipping, or Customer Service), and employment in the dental industry (sundry sales, equipment service and sales, dental hygienist, dental assistant).
Demonstrated ability to manage a budget and execute operations plans to meet expense goals.
Experience with financial controls and the analytical skills needed to understand how the management of daily operations translates into monthly, quarterly, and annual expense lines.
Job ID 2018-7346