The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the warehouse, including operations, customer service, office operations and IT. The Distribution Center Manager plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls all office and warehouse activities. The selection, professional development, and motivation of all warehouse employees are key responsibilities. The Distribution Center Manager assists top management in establishing warehouse performance objectives and strategic planning. They are also accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to cost, productivity, customer service and profit.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• Interact with ownership, executive members and employees.
• Maintain customer contact.
• Conduct staff meetings to organize warehouse activities.
• Participate in trade organizations as a company representative.
• Ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
• Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and service goals.
• Operate in compliance with federal, state and local statutes.
• Direct the operations of the warehouse management team to achieve prescribed objectives through sound communication programs.
• Remain knowledgeable regarding changes in hardware and software technology.
• Assist in the establishment of customer service standards for all accounts, communicating these standards to all personnel. Maintain appropriate contact with all accounts and respond to requests when required.
• Participate in company marketing and sales efforts with respect to generating new business.
• Develop an annual operating budget and manage a system of controls to ensure that service levels and operational performance goals are met within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters. Assure that all accounts achieve predetermined profit standards.
• Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, housekeeping, quality and safety of equipment and facilities in a manner that assures their most efficient operation.
• Develop the budget for their facility
• High level manpower and resource planning
• Customer contract negotiation and pricing
• Conflict resolution with customers and staff
• Efficient storage utilization
• Monitor Human Resource policies and procedures
Your skills and experience
• Must have over five (5) years of Management experience in a warehouse environment with P&L responsibility
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics or related field required• Experience in warehousing and logistics management• Proficiency in planning, staffing, and budgeting• Develop effective relationships and provide leadership• Successful communication - written and verbal• Establish priorities and multi-task• Possess professional business demeanor• Personal computers and materials handling equipment
Reference Number: req28177