Who We Are
We’re Dealer Tire, a family-owned, international distributor of tires and parts established in 1918 in Cleveland, OH. We’re laser focused on helping the world’s largest and most trusted auto manufacturers grow their tire business—in fact, we’ve sold more than 60 million tires to date. We’re a thriving company, and we’re looking for driven individuals to join our team. That’s where you come in!
Title: Assistant Warehouse Manager (Distribution Center Manager-in-Training)
As an Assistant Warehouse Manager (Distribution Center Manager-in-Training), your essential job functions will include the following:
Leadership and Supervision
- Ensure a safe work environment by leading safety programs, ensuring associates receive safety training and certifications, enforcing safety procedures, and addressing safety issues.
- Utilize effective coaching, teaching and training to develop successful team members.
- Collaborate with leadership on employee initiatives to create and promote an environment where team members are involved, empowered, and committed to the success of the Company, thereby negating the need for third party representation.
- Assist in the development and execution of strategies for recognition, engagement and teambuilding.
- Collaborate with manager on the design of staffing strategies to ensure work force is flexible and can respond to variations in work flow. Monitor labor hours and consult with manager on budgetary and operational impact.
- Provide input into performance assessments of each team member and recommend appropriate action such as promotions, counseling and termination. Assist Distribution Center Manager with performance conversations.
- Assist with coaching, counseling and discipline to hold associates accountable for performance.
- Assist with scheduling staffing to meet the changing daily business needs.
- Supervise and provide direction for associates.
- Assist with interviewing and making hiring recommendations.
- Assist with ensuring all records and reports are prepared on a timely basis and effectively maintained.
- Execute on daily operations including monitoring of productivity and quality, process troubleshooting, and all other activities required to ensure safety, inventory accuracy, on-time deliveries and exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Assist in planning, organizing, and monitoring the receiving, storage, assembly (if applicable) and distribution of all items received from vendors.
- Aid in inventory control training and execution of cycle counts and physical inventory counts to ensure that inventory is accurate and organized.
- Troubleshoot and resolve inventory control discrepancies.
- Perform relocation, replenishment and consolidation of product as required.
- Monitor the daily production and performance of the distribution center. Reallocate resources (staffing, equipment) as needed.
- Assist with allocation and maintenance of equipment to ensure equipment is utilized in the most efficient manner and appropriately maintained.
- Work with Distribution Center Managers (DCM) and perform delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a Distribution Center Manager.
- Adhere to Distribution Center Manager-in-Training guidelines for program experiences and training.
- Observe experienced associates and leaders to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of duties.
- Learn techniques to direct daily operations including workflow scheduling, monitoring of productivity and quality, process troubleshooting, and all other activities required to ensure safety, inventory accuracy, on-time deliveries and exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Tour the warehouse regularly to evaluate operations and assist with solving problems.
- Assist in maintaining location cleanliness and supply levels.
- Follow all company operations policies.
- Successfully complete the Distribution Center Trainer certification and deliver safety and operational training programs.
- Make recommendations on programs to improve overall distribution center operations.
- Participate in a learning project assignment and deliver results aligned to the project objectives.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience can be substituted for degree requirements.
- Minimum 5 years operations experience with minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products.
- Strong organizational skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with WMS, TMS and ERP systems.
- Meet the requirements of Dealer Tire’s Motor Vehicle Record Policy and Company Vehicle Fleet Policy.
- Always operating the company vehicle in a safe, professional manner and wearing the company vehicle’s safety belt.
- Wearing safety equipment when required.
- For those with a Missouri Driver’s License, you must have a valid Class E license.
- For those working in a Michigan Distribution Center, you must have a valid Chauffeur’s License.
- Must be able to speak/read English well enough to converse with the public, understand road signs, respond to official questions, and make legible entries on records and reports.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- After hire, be able to pass a driver’s road skills test and DOT physical.
- Setting Direction
- Vendor and Supplier Management
- Developing People
- Managerial Courage
- Executive Presence
- Driving Change
- Business Acumen
Physical Job Requirements
- Open to travel as needed for training and project work (Estimated 30%).
- Lifting at least 70 pounds.
- Continuous lifting, bending, twisting, and crouching.
- Dealer Tire is a drug-free environment. All applicants being considered for employment must pass a pre-employment drug screening before beginning work.