The General Manager 1 is responsible for managing a distribution center consisting of 499 or less team members and billings of up to $1B annually. Accountable for all aspects of a fast paced and automated distribution center.
- Responsible for developing and managing the annual Distribution Center (DC) budget.
- Manages all DC Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring superior DC morale and effective management of all DC Human Resources programs.
- Manages all DC equipment and facilities maintenance programs.
- Manages Grow Perform Succeed (GPS) and effectively develop management team through performance development process.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment OR a high school diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment.
- At least 4 years of experience with distribution product flow.
- At least 4 years of experience analyzing data using statistical methods.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience managing employees (coaching, mentoring and training staff.)
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Group facilitation experience with Performance Improvement teams.
- At least 4 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 1 year of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Experience with cutting-edge material handling equipment.
Job ID 53764BR