- Ensures the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing the physical facilities, human resources, equipment, and inventory in a profitable manner.
- Plan, direct, and implement warehouse operations and administrative support to meet prescribed productivity and customer service goals.
- Operates in compliance with federal, state, and local statues in support of good corporate citizenship.
- Communicates with all levels of management keeping them informed of operations as needed.
- Conducts regular staff meetings at the DC to assure daily objectives are being met, and keeps supervisors informed of company changes which directly impact operations.
- Delegates to those responsible in each respective area to ensure their job functions support the overall warehouse activity to achieve common goals.
- Attend warehouse daily meetings and interact with line supervisors and hourly associates on a regular basis.
- Direct the operations of the warehouse supervisory team to achieve adequate staffing within the approved operations plan.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques; and develops programs for supervising, counseling and disciplining subordinates.
- Implement and monitor appropriate associate performance appraisals to recommend promotions, wage increases, and terminations.
- Implement and monitor an approved labor standard to ensure an efficient and productive labor force.
- Develop procedures which will properly utilize the facility's equipment and maintain, same in a good and safe working condition.
- Maintains budgets for replacement of equipment, maintenance records, age and technology advancement.
- Stay current on new technology which will improve the efficiency of the DC operation.
- Develop, implement and direct a safety program designed to ensure the safety of all associates within the work place.
- Investigate all accidents and recommend solutions to correct any deficiencies in conjunction with the Safety Committee.
- Maintain open communications with the stores and gain feedback on the services provided by the Distribution Center.
- Coordinate special requests for merchandise with the store and the merchandising department to ensure the end result is achieved.
- Prepare and annual operations budget which will support the company's next year's objectives.
- Develop and manage a system of controls to assure service levels and operational performance goals are achieved within the approved budget.
- Participates on distribution project teams acting as a co-facilitator, facilitator, or subject matter expert.
- May act as a project manager on some projects.
- May serve on cross-functional teams.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) years of operations and/or warehouse management.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi-shift distribution center experience.
- Broad range of managerial skills required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation communication and planning.
- Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership, integrate diverse organizations and individuals toward profitability objectives is critical.