Distribution Business Manager
At Palo Alto Networks, channel development is an extension of the territory sales team; the ultimate goal is to train and enable our channel partners to become more self-sufficient and gain leverage for the Palo Alto Networks brand. The Distribution Business Manager activities will center on relationship management in order to achieve measurable results such as increased bookings, market share and penetration within each distributor sales team, their executive team, and their partner base.
- Directly manage 2 global distribution partners with whom you will conduct quarterly business planning and maintain weekly metrics around execution and performance. Partner attainment against the joint-goals will become a key measurement of success.
- Manage 5 smaller, niche distribution partners in the US and Latin America.
- Assist distribution partner in building the “unmanaged” partner base – these are partners that are NOT directly touched by our Regional Channel Manager team. Develop programs to onboard, ensure compliance, and ramp revenue.
- The ability for partners to successfully lead an evaluation process and post-sales engagement is critical for field sales alignment. The DAM will have an opportunity to build programs to ensure technical competency within our “unmanaged” partner base.
- Travel quarterly to additional distribution partner facilities within the Americas for events, engagement, business planning.
- Work with field sales, corporate and partners directly to ensure that our partner portal is equipped with the right content to enable partner sales, sales engineers and management be informed and successful at delivering the value proposition of our solution
- Collaborate with Field Marketing to manage the MDF process including budget allocation, resources, & logistics to ensure success for any partner related demand generation activity.
- Business plan creation and delivery quarterly. Weekly reporting on attainment versus goals.
- Metric tracking and reporting based on PID, PDD, Sales and SE certification, NFR, AVR creation, portal activity.
- Track deal registrations, pipeline build, & forecast for all “unmanaged” partners.
- Act as the evangelist for this distribution partner within the Americas sales leadership – to ensure alignment and engagement within both inside and outside sales.
- 5-10 years of progressive distribution management experience within the enterprise networksecurity industry
- Direct salesexperience a plus
- S. Degree, MBA preferred