Do you have experience with distributed systems engineering for collaborative environments?
Are you passionate about using innovation and technology to solve technical challenges involving the defense of the US and her allies?
If so, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
As a Distributed Systems Engineer, you will...
Tackle critical problems to improve distributed system capabilities for the Navy and other DOD sponsors in a collaborative environment. you will be involved with networked systems at many different levels from early trade analysis and requirements definition to test and evaluation and algorithm and interface design.
You will not only interact with government and contractor personnel, and other APL engineers, you will be relied upon as key contributing member of a team.
You will get to perform independent analysis and lead interdisciplinary small-team efforts to perform key analyses and develop systems concepts.
- Performing a broad array of analyses in support of the Navy Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) program, including distributed communications and tracking functions, to deliver the system a new generation of capabilities.
- Work with APL, contractor personnel, and government representatives to define and develop new distributed system technologies and processing algorithms for future experimentation and possible system implementation.
- Document concepts and analysis and effectively communicate results to laboratory and sponsor management.
You meet the minimum qualifications for this position if you have a:
- BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or comparable technical field with 3 or more years of systems engineering or relevant experience.
- Familiarity with working with a high-level programming language such as MATLAB.
- Strong analytical and applied mathematical skills.
- Familiarity with Navy combat systems, sensors, and weapon systems.
- Strong leadership and personal communications skills.
- Must be willing to travel regularly.
- Able to perform effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to obtain an Interim Secret level clearance prior to starting. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you have a:
- MS in EE, Mathematics, Physics, or comparable technical field.
- Experience with the Cooperative Engagement Capability.
- Experience and background in some or all of the following: RF communications, applied mathematics, statistics, modeling and simulation, signal processing, or controls.
- Experience with algorithms for target tracking and network management.
- Active Secret clearance.