Distributed Energy Resources ( DER ) / Program Management Senior Manager
Job Description :
Lockheed Martin Energy is seeking an experienced professional in the area of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) delivered to Utilities, ISOs, IPPs, Commercial & Industrial customers.
Experience in DER program development, technology, implementation, and fulfillment is required in multiple focus areas such as energy efficiency, demand response, beneficial electrification, renewable energy, energy storage, combined heat and power, microgrids, Electric Vehicle infrastructure, T&D automation, and IT/OT/Cyber. Successful candidate must be a proven leader, having P&L management and business development experience, strong analytical skills, and the capacity to handle multiple projects and roles.
Deep understanding of commercial energy systems, producing and fielding distributed energy solutions, with program/project and customer management skills required.
Reporting to the Lockheed Martin Energy Director, the successful candidate will serve as Deputy for DER program operations, working with regional program and project managers to originate and deliver distributed energy systems.
Duties may include oversight of business development, contracts, engineering, operations, staffing, suppliers, financial, and customer activities consistent with the DER P&L.
The position will oversee program performance and deliverables status to assure on-time project completion with a high level of professionalism and quality.
This position will develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with internal staff and external partners.
This role will develop, manage and improve key business processes within our current operation and act as the catalyst for operational process improvement.
This position will monitor program engineering tasks, data analysis, and operations to recognize trends, identify opportunities to enhance procedures, identify potential problems, or other factors that might impact production or performance with an eye toward optimizing program results.
This position will facilitate the documentation of issues and actions to closure.
This role will oversee management of multiple projects, resources and budgets for the group while mentoring and coaching other team members.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in team leadership with a proven track record of successfully implementing change within an organization.
The ability to shape successful cross-functional teams and motivate these teams to work seamlessly through excellent coordination is required.
• Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant energy experience
• Experience in multiple DER areas that may include energy efficiency, demand response, beneficial electrification, renewable energy, energy storage, combined heat and power, microgrids, EV infrastructure, T&D automation, and IT/OT/Cyber.
• Demonstrated skills in business strategy/development, partnerships and customer development/management
• Ability to lead cross functional teams, coordinate activities across disparate groups, manage ambiguity, prioritize, and multi-task will be essential.
• Clear collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, strong attention to details, superior organization skills, and successful experience developing and implementing functional processes are necessary.
• Strong relationships with North American utilities, ISOs, IPPs, or C&I customers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Diplomatic, persuasive and articulate communication style to establish and maintain rapport with internal and external senior executives
• Business acumen, strong analytical and problem solving skills, reliability and sound judgment
• Master’s degree in engineering, science, or business
• Leadership experience in Distributed Energy Resources with technical, operational, and business management (P&L) demonstrated skills. – Desired put there
Professional and energy related certifications such as PE, CEM
• CAPM/PMP certification
• Solid fundamental knowledge in DER project origination and financing
• Experience in a continuous improvement environment or LEAN Six Sigma experience and/or certification