8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Investment Services Technology (IST) is the umbrella application development organization providing services to the Investment Services and Market business lines as well as BNY Mellon's internal shared service groups
SNC is an Intranet/Mainframe based application developed to extract (on a quarterly basis ) data from the AFS, AIM, CIF, FRR and LoanIQ systems that enables Risk Management to review, update, and attest to the accuracy of lending deal information using on-line inquiry and reporting functions. Upon completion of user review, the application also creates an XML file that is uploaded to the Federal Reserve Bank in adherence to the mandated quarterly filing requirement.
YFS (Collateral Processing System) is an Internet facing extension to the AFS – Automated Financial System Marketable Collateral secured loanportfolio. The system provides Credit Policy and Private Banking with a tool to better handle the impact of stock market volatility upon credit agreements that have equities as collateral. In general, the system is intended to monitor 20 minute delayed stock market data. It will use this data to revalue collateral on a 20 minute cycle and compare the value of this collateral to the credit agreements that are secured by it. Risk officers, relationship managers and credit underwriters have the ability to track the status of a loanportfolio and its supporting collateral through a web browser. The system also offers a flexible alert management facility to set up alert lists. Then, as loans fall into problem status, interested parties are alerted via email. The system provides the Private Banking lenders the capability of calculating additional advance amounts determined by available credit and current collateral values.
- Distributed application support using Java, Java script, JSF (Java Server faces), JDBC, Eclipse, Maven and SVN
- Distributed application development using Spring, RESTful web Service, Angular JS, Hibernate and GIT
- Proficiency in Mainframe skills: FOCUS, DB2 SQL, DB2 Stored Procedures, COBOL, ESP and ENDEVOR
- Enough technical and business knowledge to understand the SNC process and work with the user in handling the process, as well as resolving problems encountered along the way.
- Production application support
- Strong spoken and written communication ability
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experiencerequired, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Requisition Number: 1712568