Distinguished Engineer- Cloud Architect
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey! Team
Be part of our journey as we transform our security product offerings to be Cloud Native Solutions. This includes every product with our product portfolio; SEIM, UBA and SOAR. All these offerings are tied together with our reinvented security operations product, Splunk® Mission Control This enables enterprises to say goodbye to "swivel chair security. Mission Control is a unified cloud-based platform that brings together security data, analytics and operations under one common work surface where security teams can holistically detect, manage, investigate, hunt, contain and remediate threats - all from one place - resulting in faster, more efficient and more effective security operations.
We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for scalable cloud-native distributed systems. As a member of the Security engineering leadership team you will be responsible for helping the various product teams with their journey to the Cloud. Role
As a senior technical leadership team member, you will evolve the architecture and design of our platform to meet the ever-increasing scalability and performance requirements. You will also help define the future of our cloud-based SaaS product, by designing, creating, testing, and maintaining backend services that directly support security analysts all across the world. You will bring creativity and passion to directly influence the direction of our technology as well as mentor other members of your team.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers, build empathy towards their experiences, get a first-person view of the state of the art Security Operations Centers, and collaborate with product management to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and regular, company-wide hackathons. Along the way, you will become proficient in Splunk's Search Processing Language (SPL) which will empower you to explore large data sets and to take on endless types of problems. Responsibilities
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, usage patterns, and real-world deployment scenarios to develop an understanding of which solutions will bring value to our customers.
- Measure and improve scale and performance of the product using Splunk platform innovations, open-source, and cloud tools and technologies.
- Take lead on projects with little to no additional direction from engineering/product leadership, drive and help track them to completion.
- Partner with architecture, eng management, and product management on project requirements, designs, and development plans.
- Help identify and develop ways to improve our team's efficiency by expanding on our existing tools and processes.
- Collaborate with members of our team on the design and implementation of frameworks and backend components.
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create.
- Become well versed in core Splunk technologies as they apply to application development.
- Mentor junior engineers and interns as they develop their application development skills.
What We Offer You
- 15+ years of engineering experience focused on application development.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Production-level experience developing cloud-native distributed systems processing high volumes of data at scale.
- Expert proficiency with Python, intermediate-to-advanced proficiency with Golang.
- Experience with Django or similar backend application development frameworks.
- Comfortable with orchestration and cloud stack and technologies like k8s, kinesis, Kafka.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL database technologies at scale.
- Good understanding of the SDLC ranging from architectural reviews, technical design deep dives, implementation, testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience collaborating with design, engineering and DevOps teams.
- Familiarity with A/B testing, blue-green environments and canary deployments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in information security is a huge plus.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment.
- Requires a minimum of 15 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor's degree; or equivalent practical experience or 12 years and a technical Master's degree; or a Ph.D. with 8 years experience; or equivalent practical experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.