At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Distinguished Cyber EngineerAt Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale.
Distinguished Engineers are...
- Deep technical experts and thought leaders that help accelerate adoption of the very best engineering practices, while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Visionaries, collaborating on Capital One's toughest issues, to deliver on business needs that directly impact the lives of our customers and associates
- Role models and mentors, helping to coach and strengthen the technical expertise and know-how of our engineering and product community
- Evangelists, both internally and externally, helping to elevate the DistinguishedEngineering community and establish themselves as a go-to resource on given technologies and technology-enabled capabilities
- Leaders who gain the trust and confidence of those around them, from hands on engineers to executives
Whether a member of our engineering or architecture teams, Distinguished Engineers are individual contributors expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, candidates should be influential engineering leaders with deep technology expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. Distinguished Engineers will significantly impact the Tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation technology solutions across organizational boundaries.
- Leverage sound judgment and problem solving to tackle some of Capital One's most mission-critical problems and connect the dots to broader implications of the work
- Build awareness, increase knowledge and drive adoption of modern technologies and architecture patterns, sharing customer and engineering benefits to gain buy-in
- Strike the right balance between lending expertise and providing an inclusive environment where others' ideas can be heard and championed; leverage expertise to grow skills in the broader Capital One team
- Promote a culture of engineering excellence and being well-managed, using opportunities to reuse and innersource solutions where possible
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Operate as a trusted advisor for a specific technology, platform or capability domain, helping to shape use cases and implementation in an integrated manner
- Lead the way in creating next-generation talent for Tech, mentoring internal talent and actively recruiting external talent to bolster Capital One's Tech talent
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in Cyber Engineering or Cyber Architecture roles
- At least 2 years of experience with public cloud infrastructure and cyber security principles
- At least 5 years of experience managing, consulting, auditing, or working in information security, technology, or risk management
- Master's Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science or in an Engineering discipline
- 10+ years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Building large scale data systems using open source platforms such as Kafka, ELK, and SQL
- Machine learning or statistics applied to cyber security
- Reverse engineer and network forensics
- Cyber threat actor tools, tactics, and detection
- Deep understanding of operating systems, network protocols, and cloud infrastructure and services
- DevSecOps tooling such as pipeline integrations for managing vulnerabilities, identity/access, and infrastructure as code