The Distinguished Architect will act as a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for a strategic alliance partner and be responsible for advising our partner on Verizon technology strategies and solutions that will improve their own operations as well as providing insights into how Verizon can help the partner more effectively address their customer’s business needs and requirements through the application of Verizon solutions.
You pull upon a broad understanding of technology and industry knowledge to solve complex business challenges as well as identify new business opportunities to grow partnership. You are responsible for driving consistent, credible C-level discussions with key partner stakeholders to advance and secure identified opportunities. You will continuously keep abreast of industry trends and align Verizon’s new and emerging technology with that of the partner’s solution roadmap. You will work alongside the partner business units and thought leaders to ideate and develop a portfolio of joint solutions to be brought to market over short, mid and long term time horizons. You will work cooperatively with Verizon’s Business Development, Sales, Solution Architects, Product, Marketing, Pricing & Contract Management, Legal and Operations to advance partnership initiatives, satisfy partner business objectives and increase Verizon wallet share with the partner.
- Develop close working relationships with key partner executives responsible for expanding the business, bringing innovation, optimizing costs, achieving digital transformation and developing go-to-market initiatives.
- Identify business and technology challenges in various vertical markets where Verizon and the partner can work together to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Analyze industry trends and regulatory requirements that can impact current business and explore proactive solutions that allow end customers to transform their business and stay ahead of the competition.
- Lead and/or organize educational efforts to increase partner’s understanding of existing and new Verizon capabilities.
- Explore Joint Go-To-Market opportunities to develop differentiated products or solutions that leverage the best capabilities of both, Verizon and the partner.
- Support the development of marketing collateral for the joint solutions.
- Work with the partner to identify areas to optimize operational efficiency and costs. Propose Verizon solutions that will help the partner or their end customers achieve desired business results.
- Support sales in providing strategically sound solutions for Sell To, Sell Through and Sell With opportunities.
- Lead development of necessary business cases, financial analyses and value propositions to support strategic decisions and joint efforts.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in senior technology positions in Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, IT Engineering or similar capacity.
- Six or more years of experience in development, implementation and operation of IT Infrastructure Solutions (e.g. Compute, Storage, Security, Network, Voice, Infrastructure Applications, Management Systems, Mobility, etc.).
- Experience performing technical sales and presenting complex solutions to C-Level executives.
- Experience working with Systems Integrators.
- Willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering/Computer Science or MBA.
- Eight or more years of experience in senior technology positions in Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, IT engineering or similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Network (SDN-NFV), Advanced Communications, Security, Cloud, and Mobility (5G, MEC, IoT) Technologies, with demonstrated passion for continuously learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be adept at influencing internal and partner stakeholders to take action and seize market opportunities.
- Ability to produce effective business cases and develop clear and concise RACI matrices and operational plans.
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment.