Provides leadership and direction through senior managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple regions or diverse job families or departments within a major region or business unit. Develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives. Decisions are guided by company and segment/functional strategy and objectives. Directs and controls the activities of one or more functional areas.
- The increase in scope for the Managing Director role comes from taking on additional business and/or operational responsibilities (while these may vary by group, some examples are: I&W ownership, Analytics, etc.). Hence, a managing director is expected to perform the below listed duties along with these additional responsibilities.
- Manage the order fulfillment process from forecast, manufacturing slot request, booking closure and shipment globally, for all products. Balance factory requirements with customer forecasts. Recommend solutions to resolve issues with configuration, shipping timing or customer satisfaction
- Report on status of commitments, including forecasts, tool issues, customer issues, and trends to BU, Segment, or Customer management
- Escalate to Account Team management as needed to resolve booking or revenue issues
- Approve customer requested inside lead-time changes
- Oversee and participate in Executive S&OP Process for Demand Planning. Develop and execute strategies to achieve S&OP plans
- Functional owner for Order Fulfillment Process
- Manage managers and budget for respective division(s). Develop team members.
- Develop and train BMO & Sales on Business Processes. Manage special projects and key customer initiatives as required
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices as well as the changing business environment
- Applies in-depth knowledge of own segment/function, business and commercial expertise to differentiate itself from the competition
- Leads a business unit, department or sub-function generally through multiple levels of managers of diverse activities; develops and executes business unit, department or sub-functional strategy to achieve key business objectives
- Evaluates key business challenges; directs the development of new or innovative solutions
- Guided by company strategy and business objectives, impacts results of segment/function
- Influences and negotiates at the top executive levels, with great latitude on outcomes; presents and defends complicated or delicate issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 15+ Years of Experience