Display Digital Design Lead - CSM
- Job Number: 47145309
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 13-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. Apple is looking for a world-class Display Digital Design leader to work with cross-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of devices.
- 10+ years of digital design experience in complex multi-million gate architectures and deep sub-micron technologies.
- Must have achieved multiple tape-outs with a majority of the tape-outs reaching MP with first silicon.
- 3+ years of experience in managing digital design teams.
- Drive and improve digital design methodology to achieve high quality first silicon.
- Hands on experience with FPGA emulation, silicon bring-up, characterization and debug.
- Experience with mixed signal design is highly desired.
- Experience with display interconnect standards - MIPI, DP, HDMI is a definite plus.
- Experience with display pipeline elements and/or TCON development is highly desired.
- Must be able to work with cross functional teams within Apple and external vendors across geographical boundaries to resolve architectural and implementation challenges with an eye towards schedule.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
Assist in architecture, implementation, verification, emulation and validation of custom silicon. Trade off specific issues against system limitations. Help improve engineering requirement specification documents for custom silicon. Work with internal teams to assure that documents meets needs. Work with external vendors in developing micro-architecture, verification and emulation of custom silicon. Drive vendor’s methodology to meet Apple standards. Target to achieve bug free first silicon to meet aggressive product schedules.
BS required / MS or PhD preferred
Some travel may be necessary.