Display Development Engineer
- Job Number: 113003957
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 07-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple is searching for candidates with a strong optoelectronics capability to develop next-generation display technology.
- Proven track record in the design, fabrication, and characterization of optoelectronic materials and devices.
- Hands-on experience/capability to work with electronic tests and optical characterization equipments.
- Expertise in the electrical and optical performance validation of optoelectronic devices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in active matrix flat panel displays strongly preferred, particularly in display optics and electronics, fabrication processes, and system design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to international travel.
Investigate best display technologies from potential suppliers. Develop and define the display module electrical and optical performance with potential suppliers. Lead an internal cross-functional team working with team members with optical, EE, ME, process and panel design expertise. Manage the display suppliers as the primary technical contact window. Perform the necessary display testing and review test results from the display vendors, system OEMs, and cross-functional groups at Apple to ensure the display performance.
PhD in Physics, Optics, ElectricalEngineering or Material Science Engineering, or MS with minimum 5 years experience.