Display Controller Architect - Platform Architecture
- Job Number: 113013886
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: 08-Sep-2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple is seeking a highly motivated, energetic leader to define and develop display controllers used in Apple products. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of custom silicon design efforts for display controllers used in Apple products. The successful candidate will architect custom silicon designs, interfacing with supplier and internal technology teams, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers.
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of in various functions of the display controller silicon architecture, design, and production experience with a complete understanding of the technology.
- Demonstrated micro-architectural modeling ability including circuit, functional, and performance/energy characteristics.
- Broad understanding of display technology.
- Thorough understanding of display controller silicon architecture, interface, performance and energy tradeoffs.
- Proven experience in taking display controller silicon from concept, through detailed circuit design, digital design, all the way to qualification and mass production.
- Demonstrated expertise in chip-to-chip interface techniques including signal integrity, power delivery integrity, energy efficiency at all levels.
- Strong communication skills (cross-functional, executive etc.,).
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional organizations.
As a member of the architecture team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the definition, development and delivery of the display controller for Apple’s products. Responsibilities include: • Working closely with SOC and system architects, understand current and future requirements for display controller architecture, interface, performance, energy, and associated production challenges. • Provide detailed architectural guidance at all levels of the design throughout the design process from concept through production of display controller. • Make recommendation on key design tradeoffs across base technology, manufacturing and performance as these display controllers fit in the overall product roadmap vs. technology trends. • Author and maintain chip architecture specifications.