Job Description: Novetta is looking for a mission-focused Discovery Analyst to provide operational data analysis support and innovative solutions to the Customer’s Advanced Projects Unit. The selected candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment to create near-term solutions while evaluating potential for scale and enterprise integration. Working closely with government personnel, the Discovery Analyst will rely on analytical expertise and technical skills to explore existing datasets and adapt customer tools as necessary. The customer relies heavily on Novetta Discovery Analysts to solve unprecedented data-centric problems in response to mission needs.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree
- 3+ years of experience using SQL to correlate data and support data mining efforts
- 3+ years of experience drafting reports and products based on findings from data analysis
- 2+ years of experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), specifically in Microsoft Excel and Access
- 1+ years of experience creating basic automation scripts in VBA and Windows Powershell
- 1+ years of experience using Regular Expressions, VBA, and/or Python to manipulate, clean, and format unstructured and semi-structured data
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience using advanced data analytic techniques including data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and/or Natural Language Processing
- Experience creating basic user interfaces for reviewing, manipulating, and querying data
- Experience working for a Federal Law Enforcement Agency
- Experience managing data pipelines and/or datastores.