Process Discipline Manager
The Discipline Manager (DM) is part of the technical leadership team and is responsible for managing and directing all activities associated with design professionals and the technical design team to provide Project Solutions. As a senior leader, the DM shall be responsible for department budget, personnel and technical execution of projects with focus on quality, scope, budget and schedule. The DM will play an essential role in business development efforts by partnering with other business leaders on a variety of business activities. The DM shall possess strong business acumen and technical knowledge to lead a strong technical team. This position will have opportunities to be involved with many industry sector projects including:
- Energy / Power / Utilities
- Government/ Institutional
- Essential Functions
- Assume responsibility for conceptual and detailed design in compliance with the project specifications, international codes and standards and good engineering practices. Take measures for maintaining quality of engineering, completion of projects within the budgeted manhours and cost and adhering to the project schedule
- Plan and allocate manpower resources for executing the different projects, proposals and other activities of the Discipline
- Provide technical expertise and guidance during various phases of project execution and proposal development and act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in dealing with clients and business development activities
- Working under the MAPP (Middough Advanced Project Procedures) to keep the Quality Assurance and Quality Control to maintain the Performance You Trust work ethic we rely on.
- Partner with Human Resources on the recruitment process
- Identify the software requirements for the projects & liaison with IT to arrange them
- Review and approve man hours, cost and estimates of proposals
- Ensure compliance with Company quality procedures.
- Interact with the Senior Technical Manager (STM) and other Discipline Managers on a regular basis to ensure smooth functioning of the Technical Group
- Able to be creative in thought process to deliver ultimate Project Solutions.
- Collaborate and interface with other Departments as required for the proper execution of the projects.
- Establish performance criteria and direct employee performance appraisals. Advise recommendations/directions to HR on employee salary matters
- Identify and initiate training and career development activities for direct reports
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Ability to have crucial conversations
- Managerial courage and conflict management
- Creative problem solving
- Client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, tactful in resolving issues
Skills & Qualifications
- 15+ years of experience with an engineering consultancy or EPCM company in chemicals, power, metals or refinery industries.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) with the ability to obtain reciprocity in other states. Multiple state registration is a plus.
- Strong project management, operations and financial skills.
- Thorough Knowledge in all aspects of Process Design
- Excellent coordination, monitoring, planning, supervisory and guidance skills
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workloads dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.