Under broad direction, leads the Technology Service lab for Production Enhancement product line. Technology Services supports our operations worldwide in a variety of activities such as optimizing fluid formulations; completion design selection (modeling and simulation), consultation, and lab equipment installation.
The incumbent should have excellent business acumen to create additional business value with the existing team while maintaining a high standard for the current services that this group supports. This person will have responsibility for identifying and filling both technological and functional requirements. Though this individual's focus will be technical leadership, they will perform development tasks maintaining their development expertise.
- Deliver on time and high quality response to field generated project requests.
- Determine the skill sets required for field generated projects. Take steps to address the gaps including training programs for existing employees and recruiting new employees. Build Tech Services capabilities as needed. Ensure the team utilizes the appropriate tools and methodologies to obtain and analyze data.
- Partner, collaborate and communicate with PSL business as needed to understand and support their needs. Work closely with R&D team for smooth product handover to Tech Services post commercialization.
- Distribute resources to projects based on employee skills, development needs, and competencies. Build Tech Services capabilities in technical communication both written and verbal.
- Provides technical guidance to an assigned group(s).
- Manage a team of 15 direct reports comprised of Chemist, reservoir and petroleum engineers, and experienced lab technicians.
- Conducts goal setting and performance appraisals of personnel.
- Leads a cross functional, cross department or cross Center team in executing various corporate projects and/or initiatives (e.g., standards, best practices, lessons learned), or a standing sub-PSL design team.
- Utilitizes project management skills and tracking tools in the organization and execution of project assignments.
- Executes tactical action plans as set by department goals and objectives.
- Possesses thorough understanding of the supported PSL's technology and broad understanding of the associated development tools.
- Incorporates reliability analysis and promotes optimum use of development tools and standards during the design process.
- Understands and promotes HES's quality directives.
- Acts in a leadership role with corporate HSE initiatives.
- Interacts with internal and outside organizations, such as suppliers and customers, on day to day activities.
- Executes strategic action plans as set by department policy and procedures.
- Leads Intellectual property coverage and patent disclosures as needed for assigned area
- Job role has budgetary type of accountabilities or directly impacts a revenue center’s viability or its quality of service via personal contributions. Job role contributes directly to value creation.
Minimum Combined Education and Professional Experience Required
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or similar discipline and 10+ years of related experience or; Ph.D. and 8+ years related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experiencerequired.
- Project Management, Team Leadership, Cross PSL Experience, Reliability, PSL Specific Training, Strong Technical Background.
- Supervisory skills are required for management/supervision of direct and indirect reports within the 2nd level supervisory structure.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
Requisition Number: 47891