The Disaster Recovery Senior Analyst / Specialist will have responsibility for communication and execution of TDA’s corporate DR exercise and validation efforts. Specialist will be responsible for the development, maintenance and continued enhancements of TDA’s DR exercise and validation program. Specialist will coordinate, assess, improve & communicate recovery environment requirements with TDA technology groups, to enable timely and effective decisions related to the DR environments. The specialist will coordinate activities between the T2 technology groups and other TDA business units, emphasizing regular, direct communication between all teams supporting TDA’s DR exercise & validation efforts. Specialist will, with minimal supervision, coordinate & facilitate all aspects of the disaster recovery maintenance, exercise & validation program. Specialist is expected to interact regularly with technology groups and where necessary, technology vendors, for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling and maintaining TDA’s DR Exercise & Validation Program.
Lead role in DR exercise and validation program with focus on achieving all exercise goals and objectives, assuring adequacy of end-state recovery environments and coordinating activities of technology support resources with business and development groups as needed.
- Managing technical aspects of test planning with multifunctional groups
- Leading in activation sequencing efforts during exercises
Lead role in DR exercise and validation program for issue resolution and tracking. Working directly with technology groups to troubleshoot and resolve issues arising during DR exercises and in the regular course of change management.
- Working/coordinating with technical teams on test issues and resolution.
- Tracking change management call for changes related to DR and tracking through validation of change including issue resolution as needed.
Overall technical lead in DR team working with various groups to ensure that DR technical goals and initiatives are represented and managed with technology support resources. Working with associated vendor technology support groups where necessary in support of DR environments.
- Market Maker expansion to eventual regular dummy trade testing
- Ensuring the monitoring alerts are adequate in DR.
Participate in project meetings related to DR environments builds and provide DR Lead for build validation and integration of newly built environments into DR Program. Provide reporting to team and management, as needed, related to builds, timeline and any other project specific information.
- Join project teams for build in DR for informational purposes on environment
- Join project teams for build in DR to educate on DR program and coordinate validation, documentation and integration into DR Program.
Responsible to manage DR program documentation requirements with major focus on ensuring accurate and complete technical documentation and coordinating, where needed follow up with technical groups to create and maintain documentation.
- Work with Infrastructure Analyst to ensure technical runbooks and validation scripts are adequate
- Regular test documentation review
- BS/BA (Education may be substituted for increased years in experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Minimum 7+ years of experience working in large enterprise environments
- Minimum 5+ years of releated experience including IT DR planning and/or testing experience, in a medium to large IT organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplined technical group
- Ability to analyze business and technical process flows and contribute ideas and recommendations for improvement
- Project managementexperiencedesired
- Ability to work independently, prioritize competing demands, and deliver quality work within set timelines
- BCPC Certification preferred.