The Disaster Recovery Analyst will be responsible for collaboratively executing Georgia-Pacific’s integrated Business Resiliency Program (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery).
This role will coordinate activities with Georgia-Pacific’s (GP) operating units, business continuity planner and third-party infrastructure providers in a complex multi-business, multi-platform IT environment.
This includes maintaining the company’s DR methodology as well as providing overall program management, consulting expertise and oversight.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in manufacturing, supply chain and order to cash business processes. Additionally, DR experience in cloud technologies will be necessary to support Georgia-Pacific’s migration to cloud services.
Candidate will be a self-motivated innovative thinker with strong experience in disaster recovery in a fast-paced multi-company environment.
- Co-Manage the integrated Business Resilience program (BC/DR)
- Maintain and execute DR frameworks & methodologies
- Facilitate development of DR continuity plans and updates
- Collaborate with enterprise teams to schedule and perform periodic DR testing
- Maintain and publish key performance metrics on the company’s resiliency and recovery posture.
- Orchestrate R&D activities to investigate new and innovative DR technologies for cloud services
- Collaborate with enterprise teams to drive integrated “Master Recovery Plans”.
- Ensure recovery test results are documented and problem tracking mechanisms in place
- Maintain repositories for program methodology, policies, templates, and program materials
- Provide ongoing training & awareness across GP to share best practices and strengthen executive sponsorship
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and confidently (oral, written, presentation).
- Superior interpersonal and consultative skills with ability to manage and influence others.
- Ability to facilitate development of DR plans with various levels of management
- Significant knowledge in DR best practices and technologies
- Practical and real experience in planning and executing DR testing exercises in the cloud.
- Outstanding project management and master planning skills in a large diverse organization.
- Exposure to Microsoft SharePoint Portal and ability to maintain program repositories
What You Will Need:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience in the BC/DR fields
- At least 5 years of “hands on” experience leading a BC/DR program in a complex multi-business environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Certification in BC/DR planning (CBCP or equivalent)