As a key member of the Disability Case Management team, the Disability Trainer will be responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of training programs for the unit. The incumbent will collaborate on an ongoing basis with the Quality Assurance and Operational teams to collect and interpret any training gaps identified through the Quality Assurance program/ TL or Manager feedback and develop resolutions to these gaps. Travel to other Medavie regions to conduct and assist with training programs.
- Identify training needs through the creation of a skills matrix and other tools as required;
- Develop training strategies and materials for delivery to Case Management staff;
- Develop and maintain best practices, workflow documentation and Quality Assurance tools for all disciplines; and
- Plan, design, research, write and edit training manuals, user policies and other documents as required.
- Education: University or college diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of five years previous experience in Disability Case Management and experience creating and delivering training and other materials to a variety of audiences.
- Strong knowledge of all disciplines in Case Management Services;
- Highly proficient at writing in a clear, concise and structured manner;
- Superior communication skills and adept at explaining concepts and giving direction; and
- Highly organized, self-directed and possessing excellent time management skills with the ability to establish priorities.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes and use of databases.
- Language Skills: Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Knowledge: Understanding of claims management lifecycle, understands contract wording and has the ability to thoroughly review medical reports and other tools available (i.e., Independent Medical Exams, Function Capacity Exams, Surveillance, Medical Consultant Reviews).
- Analytical Thinking: Can simplify complex processes and can effectively organize people and activities to get things done.
- Communication Skills: Can critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details and abstract up from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish the underlying needs.
- Customer Orientation: Is dedicated to meeting and managing the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers and establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Execution and Organizational Skills: Can distinguish important details and understands how to effectively prioritize tasks and assignments.
- Team Work Skills: Can work within a diverse group of people with various skills and experience and can provide direction and instruction to others.