Role Value Proposition:
Employee benefits professional specializing in STD, LTD, FML, ADAAA and time off benefits. This role will focus on consulting with industry broker/consulting firms and MetLife’s National Account Group customers. Specific areas of focus include plan design and strategy, integrated disability management solutions and benchmarking/trend analysis.
- Responsible for consultative support of multiple complex clients
- Collaborates and acts as a liaison with client's Third Party Administrator to assist with problem resolution and trouble shooting
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service thru ongoing customer delivery and client satisfaction
- Supports client account audits and strategic planning process
- Supports implementation of new complex clients and addition of MetLife product lines to existing clients
- Serves as a key resource and may serve as a subject matter expert to Customer Unit and National Accounts
- Supports the creation of client specific processes and reports, may engage in the review of contract documents, provides subject matter expertise in support of MetLife systems setup
- Engages with Key Partners (Sales, Service, Finance, Claims) to develop, analyze and provide metrics and reporting to monitor the health of customers and their Disability plans.
- Develops and maintains strategic account plans for all assigned customers that will enable MetLife to proactively understand the complete scope of customer needs, requirements and development activities and implement initiatives that will result in customer confidence, satisfaction and persistency
- Provides ongoing communications and updates to account teams and customers on industry trends, benchmarking or regulatory activities
- Provides expertise on non-web based reporting, RTW, claim process, ICM letters, UIS data elements, performance guarantees and escalation of all guarantee requests, as well as provide oversight of plan design and structure.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 5+ years Disability Management experience required, including knowledge of other Employee Benefit programs (e.g., Workers Compensation, Life Insurance) and relevant Federal and State Laws.
- Strong knowledge of current process and technology in place to support the existing Disability Customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships, with focus on Disability and Absence Management;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Typically bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience;
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively handles multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and is proactive in personal development
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.