Director's Fellowship Postdoctoral Researcher: Scientist
The NREL Director's Fellowship attracts the next generation of exceptionally qualified scientists and engineers with outstanding talent and credentials in renewable energy research and related disciplines. Candidates are selected based on eligibility, program expectations, and research proposals. Overriding consideration, when evaluating the application, will be the quality of the candidate. Successful candidates will serve a two-year term, with a possible third-year renewal paid with program funding (maximum three-year appointments). The Director's Fellowship includes a premium salary rate, additional funding for conferences/presentations, competitive benefits package, and relocation assistance (for moves greater than 50 miles from NREL).
Additional Required Knowledge Skills and Attributes:
Please note that your application will be considered incomplete if submitted without the required information, and will not be reviewed.
1. Cover page (please include: name, title of proposal and NREL mentor)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. A letter of recommendation from your current supervisor or academic advisor
4. Research proposal addressing the long-term science needs which would support the laboratory's mission and goals: focus on the proposed research and identify an appropriate area within the laboratory to host the research; clearly state the research challenges; identify the scientific or technological questions that are associated with the challenge; define the strategy to address these questions; and define an approach. Please download and complete the proposal template and submit with you application to the Director’s Fellowship proposal template. ***Note you should develop this proposal with your mentor, see Research to find potential mentors.
5. NREL mentor's letter of intent to support the candidate
6. Names and contact information of two additional individuals from nationally known faculty or scientists in relevant disciplines who are knowledgeable about the candidate's capabilities and research
7. Proof of PhD degreeprior to assignment start date.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
-All Ph.D. requirements completed prior to appointment and be at an early point in a promising career of world-class research and leadership in the appropriate discipline.
-Must be a recent PhD graduate with a Fundamental Sciencedegree within the last twoyears.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at NREL you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.