The Director WW Distribution Operations & Ease of Business will play a critical role in supporting channel management and field channel sales in driving business strategies, operational goals and overall ease of doing business with VMWare Distributors globally. This position will also work side by side Distribution Sales leadership to support bi-directional ease of doing business. Responsibilities include working both strategically and tactically, advising and executing on the appropriate methodologies that will enable channel sales to achieve their short and long-term objectives as it relates to Distribution sales revenues, profit, market development and ease of doing business. The position will manage Distributor operational efforts such as onboarding, measurable analytics and tool development for Distributor self-service and measurement.
A key operation member and functional leader, the successful individual will work closely with the Channel sales leadership (Distribution in particular) and with other functional groups such as finance, logistics and marketing to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned to the plans and that the required resources are identified and allocated.
The Director WW Distribution Operations & Ease of Business will report to the Senior Director, Partner, Commercial & Dell Operations and will be a key contributor of the Channel Program and Strategy Leadership Team.
- Distribution & Partner advisory council organization and execution in each region inclusive of defining the right participants to understand Distributor, Partner and VMWare pain-points and strategies to mitigate.
- Identify Distribution channel opportunities for operational change and development, prepare comprehensive plans including short, medium and long-term developments, and drives execution of the plans to deliver results.
- Quickly tackle the “low hanging fruit” that will ease burden on VMWare sales teams as well as Reseller and Distribution partners.
- Establish the fundamental base-line requirements for Distributor “ease of doing business” and ensure that the foundations are in place for future development.
- Program Operations: Lead a team of program managers who manage the day to day functions of the Distributor programs including:
- Program compliance and rebate eligibility.
- Program benefits including administration of programmatic discounts in the system and rebates for all partner types.
- Marketing Development Fund (MDF) administration
- Partner Onboarding and Partner Portal support
- Driving Operational Excellence:
- Working with the WW Distribution Sales leadership, build Distribution foundation for operational efficiency and excellence.
- Partner with the Sales Systems team to refine SFDC (or other system) design and processes to drive distributor autonomy and self-service.
- Work with Marketing and the PMO team do define the Distributor Lead Lifecycle Management plan including the guidance for MDF spending aligned with the partner program segmentation.
- Support the channel sales team in providing systems and processes that add value by increasing sale productivity through our Distributor partners.
- Facilitate adequate Distribution channel sales reporting to the field to ensure the business has information at their disposal to make decisions
- Coordinate communication on policies and procedures to support the channel road map
- Process development for distribution business and coverage.
- Execute key initiatives/strategies through the WW Channels, Executive Strategic Offices, Corporate Lines of Business/Business Units.
- Work closely with all appropriate corporate/internal and external teams to solidify alliances.
- Balance cost vs. benefit in providing options, ensure that any programs or initiatives developed and implemented are in line with the cultural values and strategic direction of the company
- Will perform financial analysis, forecasts, business controls, budgeting, measurement and reporting, pricing analysis, vendor contract review, etc.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Channel Operations/Enablement or similar role at a fast-paced technology company (hardware or software)
- Experience taking WW initiatives and metrics and tuning them to the Distribution Channel needs and goals.
- Distributor & Partner Onboarding and Program Management.
- Proficient in using Business Intelligence tools, building reports or managing the building of the reports & enabling channel sales staff on value and use of the tools
- Experienced manager of operations and sales people and resources.
- Detail oriented and energetic professional with a team player attitude.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to enable informed decision making.
- Strong Distributor relationships Worldwide.
- Excellent listening, analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent management skills – ability to lead direct and virtual teams and manage projects successfully.
- Sound understanding of critical drivers and associated priorities for Distributors.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Flexible – ability to work in an ever changing and demanding environment.
- Ability to manage ambiguity.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues and negotiate consensus effectively.
- Ability to drive change and execute.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with executive team and other influential stakeholders.
- Committed to continuous learning and ability to develop an in-depth understanding of requirements.
- Resourceful – ability to solve complex problems & drive results.
- Ability to handle risk, uncertainty, and changing direction.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably Business.
- MBA strongly preferred
Job ID R1902810-4