The Director for Workforce Management will be joining an ambitious organization, in a fast-paced environment. As such, the successful candidate will need to be flexible, coupled with a desire and ability to adapt quickly to new situations. You will be comfortable with travel and enjoy working as part of a dynamic and global team.
Core to this role will be accountability for headcount planning and budgeting, capacity planning in meeting our service level obligations, and delivering a best in class business advisory function to our Global Customer Service Leadership Team. You will be a People leader and mentor to our WFM team members on the ground in Omaha and as part of this will take responsibility for Scheduling activities for the Americas. Real Time Management is a global function that will not fall within the scope of these responsibilities. The role will report to the Senior Director of Global Workforce Management.
- In partnership with FP&A have oversight for the annual Headcount budget planning process for Global Customer Service (GCS) and Credit covering North America, EMEA and APAC regions;
- Monthly budget consolidation & reporting inclusive of the FP&A submission to our Finance partners;
- Lead the headcount forecasting and capacity planning process through monthly discussion and analysis of volumes, AHT and volume drivers; This will be across multiple channels including phone, email, chat and messenger;
- Measure and incorporate appropriate schedule shrinkage, inflexibility, and other real-life factors influencing staffing against forecast requirements.
- Providing strategic guidance and executional support to our GCS and Credit Executive Leaders in terms of resource optimization, service level management and budget;
- Communication to stakeholders on performance and challenges i.e. providing direction, guidelines, performance update to hit service level goals and making suggestions for corrections to any issues;
- Generating resourcing options and insight that will forearm the business in managing through key risks and challenges;
- Providing resource planning subject matter expertise for various projects and strategic initiatives;
- Partnering with Operational Leaders and across the WFM wider organization to provide the right and timely level of reporting and insights to allow leaders run their business effectively;
- Leading a team of NA Scheduling Analysts in enabling the optimization of schedules/staffing. Taking responsibility for managing the staffing plan and best matching staffing needs with staffing availability;
- Analyzing and understanding the impacts of productivity, shrinkage, attrition, AHT and volumes on Service Levels and staffing needs and reporting out on same to Our Business Leaders; and
- WFM KPI reporting
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The preferred candidate will have a successful track-record of problem solving, a “can-do” attitude, excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise positively with all levels of management. Must be comfortable with change in all its facets, and be able to lead others through change.
- 10+ years experience in senior WFM leadership roles, with a preference for call centre experience in both forecasting and scheduling;
- Experience of leading global teams;
- Must be able to work with all levels of the organization in capturing, managing and communicating metrics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information;
- An ability to identify the root causes of issues by analysing patterns and trends;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop creative and breakthrough solutions;
- Passion and commitment to work on behalf of the customer – internal and external;
- Strong influencing skills for driving change across a large global organization;
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives under tight time constraints with a well-developed sense of urgency and follow through;
- Experience of managing forecasts and schedules across digitalchannels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data modelling;
- Knowledge of WFM models e.g. Erlang, Correl, Linear regression;
- Experience with WFM software and simulation modelling;
- Self-motivating, adaptable and able to inspire and motivate others;
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team adding positive attitude and business focus;
- Deals with ambiguity;
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed;
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with direct reports, co-workers, peers and others; and
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information and adhere to the highest ethical standards
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in a financial industry; highly preferable to have an MBA or M.S. Degree
- 10 + years professional related work experience in an analytics or financial background
- 5 years supervisory experience
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.