The Director – Midwest Region is responsible for growing, managing, and retaining all sales activities within a 14 state territory. The Director will promote and wholesale Great Lakes Advisors separately managed accounts and mutual funds to financial advisors in the wire house, independent, and RIA channels. The Director will also develop annual business plans and strategies to maximize sales and retain assets.
- Quickly become a subject matter expert on all GLA products and services.
- Develop annual business plans and strategies to maximize sales and retain assets.
- Manage all retail sales within the region and strive to meet/exceed all sales objectives.
- Pursue prospects and build and maintain current advisor relationships.
- Knowledge of wire house and independent RIA’s proprietary platforms is preferred.
- Present at seminars and training sessions; attend company, industry, and other related events, as directed.
- Work with key strategic partners to grow brand recognition and gather assets.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the firm and industry, including all products and trends. Researching and reading various industry articles is required.
- Work with internal resources to research, analyze, and manage territory.
- Manage individual travel and expense budget.
- Schedule meetings efficiently/effectively.
- Maintain and report all client activities in Salesforce CRM.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- FINRA Series 63, 65, and 7 required. CFA or CIMA highly recommended.
- 5 -10 years of industry experience, including a minimum of 5 years of external sales in territory.
- Strong relationships at Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, Wells Fargo, and Independent RIA’s are highly preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and is self-directed, motivated, and a team player.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills.
- Experience in Salesforce CRM system preferred.
- Flexibility and ability to travel the region extensively.