Do you thrive in an innovative and exciting environment that’s continuously evolving? Ceridian is looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility. Our workplace culture provides empowering programs for career growth and offers diversity and inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. Ceridian employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2019, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
Job Location: For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in North America.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Vice President Development – Platform, this position is responsible for overseeing the activities of the Platform team. The team’s mission is to build the most robust, high performing, accessible and user-friendly framework that maximizes the efficiency of teams throughout R&D. If you enjoy being at the forefront of cross-team initiatives, evangelizing the latest technologies & best practices, and driving change at scale, we’d love to hear from you!
- Oversight of multiple Development managers and a cross-functional team of software developers, QA, and test engineers through
- Empower the team to build world-class UI frameworks leveraging the latest technologies including the ongoing development of component libraries and APIs
- Surface best practices, opportunities for improvement and actively participate in discussions and initiatives to improve our technical practices and competitive position
- Engage and direct multiple teams to a common goal.
- Identify and manage stakeholders, including helping to analyze and prioritize their requirements and manage their expectations.
- Manage, coach and mentor managers and other software development professionals, including performance reviews, salary administration, and career development.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other Product Development partners to deliver innovative features and solutions that make our clients’ work lives better.
- Work with Development and Operations teams to ensure DevOps design and strategy is included seamlessly into all work.
- Plan and execute on hiring for your organization.
- Influence and support the investigation and adoption of new and emerging software delivery practices and technologies.
- Manage your team’s spend on travel, rewards and recognition activities, etc.
- Provide input into budget and forecasting plans.
- Build strong relationships with R&D leaders and teams, maintaining a shared sense of responsibility and collaboration between Platform and the rest of R&D
- 7 - 10 years of software product development in a leadership role or related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective networks and leverage them appropriately
- Demonstrable career progression from hands-on technologist to leader
- Experienced in recruiting, building and managing high performing teams
- Extensive hands on experience with agile/scrum principles and development methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas
- Actively coach and mentor members of the team
- Solid business acumen, management and communication skills
- Forward thinking: Continually striving to improve the tools, technologies and approaches we use
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and action
- Proven track record of building cloud-based, enterprise products
- Have a passion for automation and continuous improvement
- Have a passion for technology and software engineering, keen to stay abreast of emerging technologies, languages and practices
- Must be an effective communicator, able to converse with teams of differing experience and culture
- Results driven, ability to get things done & inspire teams to take ownership and stay motivated
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to generate consensus across teams & senior leadership
- Deep understanding of multi-tenant cloud web applications
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.