Job ID: SCI001931
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
As Director of Web Development for SCIEX’s Global Digital Marketing Team, candidates are responsible for translating corporate business requirements into technical specifications and directing the design and development of scalable web environments in support of these requirements. Candidates must:
- Possess a deep understanding of all web development functions, including needs analysis, design, development, coding, testing, administration, bootstrap/responsive design, and maintenance of high production corporate websites.
- Direct a cadence of marketingcampaign page and microsite development, and guide process and tool enhancement to manage and scale incoming global web development requests.
- Demonstrate experience leading a team of web developers across large, multi-year projects.
- Oversee critical web operations projects such as website redesign, corporate business systems and web tool integration, ecommerce and service portal integration, analytics and tracking code deployment for online campaigns, and “Technical SEO” code optimization.
- Supervise both team members and project lists, work with stakeholders to prioritize work, analyze projects to contain scope and costs/budget, coordinate stakeholder and team member activities, maintain detailed task lists and timelines via cloud-based tracking tools, and report regularly on progress.
- Possess an understanding of online marketing projects, particularly as they relate to online demand generation, lead nurturing, and analytics.
- Collaborate with internal clients, including market development managers, marketing communications managers, sales, product managers, service and support providers, external agencies, and internal technical resources.
- 8+ years web development experience in corporate production environments
- 6+ years program and project management experience
- 3+ years developer team management experience
- Experience with APIs and remote system/web tool (IOT) integration required
- Experience with Twitter Bootstrap and responsive design required
- Experience with Google Analytics, search engine optimization (SEO), technical SEO, and tracking codes required
- Experience with MVC, .NET, and jQuery all considered a very strong plus
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility considered a plus
- Experience with Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, and Flash considered a plus
- UI/UX development and online QAT testing experience considered a plus
- Proven ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven work environments
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong people management skills
- Proven ability to influence, work, collaborate, and communicate globally with peers
- Life sciences work experience considered very helpful