What You’ll Be Doing
Reporting to the Director, Wealth Planning Group for Quebec, the role is accountable for acting as the senior wealth advisor and subject matter expert on complex Financial Planning, Trust and Estate concepts, providing advice and recommended strategies to high profile and ultra high net-worth clients and prospects. In addition to the advisory, sales and client-facing accountabilities, the incumbent will act as an ambassador for all Wealth Management to internal partners and clients. Being the external face of CIBC at local client and industry events. They are responsible for leading and advocating the wealth integrated offer in their markets and as such, provide informal leader and mentorship to other planners in the market.
How You’ll Succeed
In addition to providing Financial Planning to their own referral sources, the incumbent is also accountable for undertaking and fulfilling the following role accountabilities:
- Complex Planning Solutions- You provide complex planning and advice strategies to ultra high net worth clients focusing on financial planning suitability recommendations. In providing advice to clients, work closely with the Tax and Estate Planning Team to structure complex plans effectively
- CIBC Ambassador- Promote our brand, focus on holistic advice and initiatives through CIBC Work Place, internal and external videos, public speaking and client events.
- Partnerships- Work closely with Wealth and Retail Distribution senior leadership team to - promote and support business development and local initiatives. Focus on Family Enterprise planning initiatives including a priority on Business Succession Planning and Philanthropic strategies for ultra high net worth clients.
- Client Acquisition & Retention- Increase the acquisition, loyalty and consolidation of existing ultra-high net worth clients across CIBC; and increase the depth and breath of planning through the wealth management integrated offer.
Who You Are
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do. Your Strong confidence, customer service orientation and effective when interacting with wealthy clients and their advisors.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity. Excellent influential/interviewing/communication/relationship management skills with proven ability to build strong lifetime client relationships, identify and realize appropriate partnership and consolidation of opportunities.
- You have knowledge in the following area: tax, investment management, financial planning, law, trust, credit, commercial banking, international private banking, and private banking.
- You can demonstrate experience as a financial planner. You have 10-15 years of finance experience focused in planning. You have a financial planning designation (CFP or IQPF) in good standing. Consideration will be given to PFP designated individuals working towards a FEA, CPA, CA, CMA, LLB,. LLQP or STEP designations are an asset.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values– trust, teamwork and accountability
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience.
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit