The Director of Operations Warehouse will oversee warehousing operations, manage warehouse employees and company safety processes and oversee scheduling, receiving and proper handling of product. The Director will be responsible for Warehouse Operations in OR & WA.
This position will assure correct and timely loading of semi’s and bobtails while providing warehouse work scheduling. The role will also work with Director of Drivers & Delivery to guarantee accurate orders on time delivers and customer satisfaction.
This position will also work with maintenance manager to insure all warehouse equipment is fully functional and operating at peak efficiencies.
- Manage in house and 3rd party inventories.
- Assure all invoices are correct and accounted for.
- Manage operations and assures a safe clean and orderly warehouse.
- Partner with risk management to assure Federal and OSHA compliance.
- Communicate and coordinate timely receiving, organization, and storage of product in warehouse.
- Manage inventory levels and assures accuracy.
- Assure proper loading, timely departures and deliveries of semi's and bobtails.
- Research, troubleshoot and apply corrective actions with a sense of urgency for shortages, refusals, filling errors, not on trucks, missed deliveries, breakage, and dirty invoices.
- Work cross functionally with the Director of Driver Managers and the sales teams to resolve and eliminate internal and external customer concerns.
- Manages warehouse company safety process.
- Develop and manage warehouse KPI's Key Performance Indicators that drive results to improve safety, productivity, internal and external customer service and satisfaction.
- Plan, organize and coordinate quarterly / annual warehouse inventories and any 3rd party storage facility.
- Promote ongoing best in class customer service throughout all positions in warehouse operations.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between the field and the company’s management.
- This position is accountable for Warehouse managers/supervisors and leads.
- This position is required to hire and to use corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics Management and/or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of experience in distribution, supply chain, demand planning, logistics or warehouse and management in a complex distribution center environment.
- 5-8 years of leadership and management experience.
- Manhattan WMSexperiencerequired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- MBA or graduate degree.
- Lean or Six Sigma process experience.
- Prior experience in wholesale distribution.