Job ID 562713BR
This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer, Line Producer, Production and Creative Executives to execute the creative vision of the show while working within the schedule and budget for the series. The director works closely with the other show leadership and the artists on the series to manage the process. It is expected that the director has the ability to deal with frequently changing schedules and tight deadlines. This role requires collaboration with and leadership of a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Attend Hand-Out meetings for assigned episodes and come prepared with any questions, suggestions, concerns keeping in mind complexity, schedule and deadlines.
- Follow up with your SB artist(s) after the hand-out to ensure that they are clear on the direction and what is expected of them. Continually check in with the SB artists to ensure they are on the right track.
- Communicate creative issues that may impact the schedule and/or budget to the LP in order to work out solutions in a timely manner.
- Work with Art Director/Production Designer and/or artistic team regarding the artistic direction of the episodes, if requested by EP.
- Provide constant and timely feedback to the artists working on your team. Work with the EP and LP on feedback for the Editor and Production Management (Coordinator/Production Associate) that you are teamed up with.
- Work with the Editor on creating the Animatic then with the EP and Editor on finalizing for various stages of production – Board-o-matic, Animatic, Final Lock for Shipping.
- Attend recording sessions for your episodes, if requested.
- Review all materials prior to shipment to the overseas studio. Work with the Timing Director, Continuity Coordinator and Production Coordinator to ensure the episode is complete and ready for shipment.
- Partner with the EP and LP to hand out the show to the overseas studio, ensuring that the creative vision and goals of the episode are clear.
- Ensure that Executive, BA/Legal and S&P notes are addressed throughout the production process.
- Participate in the Post process which would include, but not limited to: reviewing Take 1 footage, calling Retakes, doing draw-overs, and any other creative input necessary. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so this will apply only as specifically requested by the EP/LP.
- Participate in music spotting, sound effects spotting, mixing and any other Post production sessions that may apply. Not all Directors will be on the show through the Post process, so this will apply only as specifically requested by the EP/LP.
- Participate in the Casting discussions for the project, if requested.
- Participate in the Music discussions for the project, if requested.
- Visit the overseas studio with the EP and/or LP to ensure production is progressing, if requested.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Story or Animation departments
- Knowledge of Traditional Animation, CG Animation, Visual Effects and/or Video game production
- Knowledge of software and hardware including Cintiq, Toon Boon Storyboard Pro, Photoshop or other applicable storyboarding software
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Ability to travel outside of the country
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity