Founded in 2008, Safari Energy is a leading partner for large commercial property owners and tenants to optimize returns and reduce costs through solar power deployment. Safari Energy has delivered more than 200 solar energy projects from New York to Hawaii unlocking economic value for its clients. Safari Energy is the #1 provider of solar services to real estate investment trusts in the U.S. In 2018, Safari Energy joined the PPL Corporation, a Fortune 500 international utility company (NYSE: PPL). As part of one of the world’s largest energy companies, Safari Energy is leading the growth of distributed energy resources, including energy storage and supporting PPL’s role in shaping the future energy grid.
Regular or Temporary
Full-time or Part-time
Safari is looking for a collaborative, high-energetic and results-driven professional to join our team! As an important contributor within a fast-paced, early stage company environment, this hands-on position requires a high attention to detail, superior communication skills, and the ability to work within a cross-functional team of professionals. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial passion for renewable energy development and a desire to work with clients to transform the way they procure energy.
As a member of the Project Finance team, the Director/Vice President will report to the SVP, Project Finance. This position is responsible for identifying renewable energy development opportunities within the commercial sector and leading in the execution of Company projects. The Director/VP, Project Finance is expected to gather information from multiple sources and analyze the financial and technical feasibilities of solar projects for various properties and client types. The successful candidate will drive the coordination between business development, finance and operations professionals to maintain cost estimates, federal and state incentive information and other critical assumptions.
• Act as the Finance lead overseeing the financial analyses and customer presentation process
• Interface with the Operations team on all structural and technical aspects of solar projects
• Interface with Finance professionals to develop and structure customer-specific financing solutions
• Research federal and state photovoltaic (PV) incentive programs for incorporation into analyses and identification of new business opportunities
• Manage relationships with customers, present detailed analyses and provide ongoing client support
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or related field
• Minimum 10 years of relative project finance experience with a developer/investment firm in the renewable energy space or investment banking track preferably in real estate, infrastructure, power/energy/utilities
• Minimum 5 years of managerial experience
• Proven ability to quickly and accurately run complex financial models using thoughtful assumptions
• Creativity to transform raw data into presentations with an eye on design and accuracy, while conveying the intended value proposition
• Track-record of working on teams to support energy, infrastructure or real estate projects
• Outstanding organizational and people skills
• Understanding of engineering and renewable energy systems
• Understanding of project and structured finance
• Attention to detail