Swell is pioneering incentive marketing? for e-commerce businesses around the world; we help our clients reward their customers for taking the actions most meaningful to their business. Our product suite includes a rewards program, a referral program, and advanced analytics and customer insights to inform decision-making. Over 800 mid-market brands use our platform today, including MVMT Watches, UNTUCKit, DraftKings, and Quay Australia.
We're in an incredibly exciting hypergrowth phase, with a brand new office right in Government Center (extremely convenient to all of the T lines, as well as the commuter rail). You can learn more about us by visiting swellrewards.com.
Here?s What We?re Looking For
We?re in the market for a talented, experienced sales leader who can help us build a world-class B2B sales organization. With a deep understanding of our target customer and an incredibly differentiated product, we?re looking for someone to lead the charge that will put Swell into the hands of merchants all over the world.
Our goals for 2018 (and beyond) are aggressive, but you?ll have license to build a team of motivated, passionate individuals to generate leads and win new business. The ideal candidate is a mix of both player and coach, who?s built a repeatable sales process and can mentor a team, but who also can get their hands dirty and get involved to win a particularly large deal. This person will embrace our 2018 targets and possess an intuitive understanding of what needs to be done from a staffing and activity perspective to make it happen.
Here are some of the specific areas we?re looking for our sales leader to own:
- Recruitment. You?ll lead the charge when it comes to finding high-quality, driven sales professionals to join our team.
- Winning large deals. In select cases (approximately 3 ? 5 deals per month), you?ll get directly involved with our sales team to close a particularly important piece of business.
- Coordination with marketing. Via a weekly meeting, you?ll connect with our marketing leaders on key areas of overlap, including prospecting lists, collateral development, and product marketing.
- Training / onboarding. In the early stages, you?ll help to build a training process that will allow us to onboard a large number of sales professionals in a short time period, and mentor them regularly via weekly 1:1s and other regular activities.
- Events. We?ll want sales leadership to have a significant presence at trade shows and conferences throughout the year. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience generating leads and closing business at trade shows, and present themselves in a way that reflects positively on our organization.
- Sales messaging. You?ll be responsible for better understanding how our messaging resonates with prospects, won deals, and lost deals, and adjusting accordingly (in some cases in conjunction with marketing).
And here?s what we?re looking for in return:
- 10+ years in a sales organization, including 3+ years in a managerial role
- Track record of strong quarter-over-quarter quota achievemnet
- Ability to recruit a talented team
- Leadership qualities
- Intellectual and analytical excellence
- High degree of motivation ? willing to put in the work required to yield results
You?ll Get a Lot Out of Us, Too!
Swell is an awesome place to work. We just moved into a brand-new office, and can?t wait to fill the rest of it with a fun-loving team that loves working in a fast-paced environment. This is the right opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to make a lasting impact on a promising organization on the precipice of explosive growth. You?ll work directly with our co-founders, and have the chance to make significant contributions to both Swell and our merchants? businesses from Day One.