Folio Financial, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, experienced, creative Director/VP of Public Relations & Earned Media. This role will be responsible for developing and managing communications programs for Folio’s multiple business units. The Director/VP will conceive, generate and distribute exciting news and content for Folio, utilizing traditional and new media channels to maximize earned media and the company’s brand presence. This person will cultivate relationships with members of the media including bloggers and other social media influencers to ensure maximum visibility consistent with brand strategy and corporate goals.
- Collaborate with the CEO, marketing and business owners to develop communications strategy, media approaches and message architecture
- Work as a team member in building and serving as the in-house news bureau – continuously create highly-effective strategies, pitches and storylines to insert Folio into the news cycle with high frequency across media channels
- Participate in the ongoing creation of an editorial calendar that includes both ad hoc and long-lead initiatives around internal content development and external opportunities
- Write content including press releases to drive media interest and maximize SEO results
- Cultivate and manage active conversations with members of the media to keep Folio top of mind and often engaged for stories in development
- Create and manage social media content and presence in conjunction with the marketing team for outlets including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Continuously monitor Folio’s media footprint to maintain the company’s positive corporate reputation
- 8-10 years experience leading and driving PR results in the financial services industry
- Comprehensive understanding of the brokerage industry and knowledge of investing concepts and brokerage products
- Leadership experience with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to succeed identifying placement opportunities to engage, pitch and earn media
- Established/current relationships with financial media and online press
- Social media savvy with a proven track record of success is a must
- Strong record of academic success.