The NFL Digital Media Group is looking for a Director of Video Streaming Operations. As Director of Video Streaming Operations you will be leading a team that is shaping the future of NFL's digital media presence in the world. You must have a solid foundation in large volume digital video delivery distribution for live and VOD environments, including CDN management, Closed Captioning, Authentication Services and Streaming Security. The role requires a strong leader responsible for video operations and video system integration supporting NFL's live video infrastructure. Duties include provisioning live feeds, deploying new VOD workflows, monitoring environments, escalating issues and problem resolution. He or she will specify operational requirements and work with PMO teams managing software deployments.
- Roles & Responsibilities Generate technical operations service catalog, develop runbooks and escalation processes with SLA definitions.
- Manage Support of all daily live streaming events and Video on Demand infrastructure.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis and resolution of the entire video workflow starting with encoding/transcoding hardware/software through CDN delivery to streaming video players along with associated authentication and entitlement systems.
- Run, operate and produce live streaming events by coordinating with NFL Network Technical Operations Center on acquisition of video signals.
- Assist architecture team to implement Operational acceptance process of video production workflows to meet business requirements.
- Manage Operations team required to support environment during NFL game windows (nights/weekends).
- Work closely with product groups and video groups to deliver a high quality of service for the NFL's video products.
- Configure, develop, test and implement appropriate codec settings for live video and on demand streaming.
- Consult and assist in implementation of new video services and/or products furthering the evolution of the streaming ecosystem with a focus on scalability and high availability.
- Help define Video Requirements and Best Practices.
- Maintain documentation of hardware maintenance, configuration, failures, removal, and installation.
- Cultivate relationships with current vendors/partners to improve video quality of service and experience.
- BS degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive troubleshooting experience is a MUST.
- Proven video streaming and media workflow experience with solid understanding of video signal chains
- Experience with live streaming encoders such as Elemental, Cisco, and ideally have managed events to large audiences.
- Knowledge of SAN storage such as, preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented with excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical problems to non-technical personnel in a competent and concise way.
- Knowledge of streaming providers and vendors: CDN's, Cloud Providers, OVP's, Cloud Encoding and Encoding Hardware, etc
- Strong Knowledge of Video Content Management Systems, video player development and securitization of video.
- Experience working with server software (Apache, Windows Server, Kulabyte, Flash Media Server, ffmpeg, x264, Telestream).
- Linux administration experience.