Reporting to the Vice President of Product, Vertical and Channel Marketing, the Director of Vertical Programs will be responsible for strategic program management supporting vertical sales and new business development in Federal, State & Local Government, K-12 & Higher Education, Healthcare, and Hospitality. This person will lead a team of vertical program managers who will manage strategic programs such as E-rate as well as other USAC funding programs and provide subject matter input during the development and execution of vertical marketing strategies. The candidate will be responsible for the programs that directly support the selling efforts of the vertical sales teams.
In addition to supervising management of existing programs, the candidate will also be responsible for the identification and negotiation of new contractual vehicles that are necessary to sell Spectrum Enterprise products and services into our target vertical industries. He/she will lead the execution of master service agreements including evaluating terms, interfacing with regulatory and compliance teams and negotiating favorably on behalf of Spectrum Enterprise. In addition, he/she will lead the vendor and product certification processes with leading Hospitality brands. The candidate will serve as the enterprise marketing representative in joint go to market strategies with key vertical sales leaders. He/she will be adept at establishing relationships with key client and prospect constituents to position Spectrum Enterprise as a partner of choice within Spectrum Enterprise target vertical segments.
The candidate must be familiar with their respective industry regulatory and compliance needs and be able to display industry thought leadership internally and externally, while working in partnership with the sales management, extended marketing teams and executive leadership to drive revenue and increase market share of Spectrum Enterprise in key strategic verticals.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the enterprise network and cloud solutions space and be a proven results-oriented leader in vertical program management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development and expansion of vertical programs
- Lead the development and expansion of vertical programs in the Government, Education, Healthcare, and Hospitality verticals
- Oversee the execution, oversight and compliance of E-rate, USAC, Healthcare Connection Fund, CA Connect Fund and similar programs
- Identify and develop new vertical programs based on analysis of market data and industry/market trends
- Develop vertical industry ecosystem map identifying and establishing relationships with key strategic alliances and new go-to-market partners
- Actively partner with sales teams to position Spectrum Enterprise as the provider of choice for vertical customer segments
- Vertical Subject Matter Expert
- Represent the company as an SME at key industry events, industry forums and associations
- Lead the team to support sales initiatives by providing technology, product and operational program expertise/support
- Stay current with industry trends to ensure positioning of Spectrum Enterprise products/solutions remain relevant and competitive
- Contribute to content messaging specific to state and local government, federal government, K-12, and Higher Education, Hospitality and Healthcare marketplace
- Compliance Management
- Facilitate adoption of FCC and USAC rules and regulations collaborating with Regulatory, Finance Ops and Sales
- Participate in formal Lowest Corresponding Price (LCP) pricing review process and member of Customer LCP Escalation Support Review Team (comprised of cross functional leadership from Regulatory, Finance Ops and Vertical Programs)
- Design and deploy E-rate compliance sales training in conjunction with commercial design team/LMS. Provide product organization with unique requirements to meet the FCC regulations
- Develop E-rate contractlanguage with legal as needed for E-rate clients
- Provide SME support as primary interface between sales and specialized billing team to resolve E-rate related billing issues
- Vertical Intelligence Tools
- Enhance seller's capability by having access to a wide variety of Industry specific mechanisms for lead generation and identification, negotiate and deploy key lead, revenue generating tools for the company that assist sales in prospecting/mining opportunities within their territories. Execute programs to launch, create awareness and visibility, establish baseline usage and increase engagement within the sales organization. Tools include, but not limited to: Funds For Learning (FFL), E-Rate Productivity USAC Tool and Digital Education Navigator
- Successful expert who has experience in vertical program planning, execution, and budget management
- Must possess strong negotiating and persuasive skills with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Possess clear, strong and precise writing skills along with an ability to synthesize complex market and technology messages into insightful sales value drivers.
- Possess excellent leadership skills with the ability to extract high performance from team members.
- 8 years of progressive experience in program management that supports selling network or telecom services to clients in Government, Education, Healthcare and Hospitality verticals (to include 5-7 years of relevant leadership experience with building and growing a high performing program management teams)
- Knowledge of vertical markets, customers, and buying processes
- Understanding of government procurement process (including federal, state, local)
- Experience selling and supporting network and cloud services and solutions in the enterprise, national or vertical markets
- Demonstrated leadership success in driving go-to-market programs through direct field sales teams
- Strong interpersonal communication (verbal and written) and speaking skills
- Ability to gain buy-in and alignment across sales, product, operations, and executive stakeholders
- Comfortable meeting with customers and negotiating master service agreements on behalf of Spectrum Enterprise
- Strong collaboration skills within function, and across peer stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA is preferred
Related Work Experience
- 8+ years Program Management
- 5-7 years Leadership Experience