Ventev, a division of Tessco, is currently seeking a Director of Commercial Sales to join the team. The successful candidate will manage a team of 10+ Regional Sales Representative in various Tessco/Ventev offices as well as remote employees. The ideal candidate has telecom or a communications background with knowledge of commercial Wi-Fi Infrastructure and/or Technologies (DAS, LTE, antennas, cable, enclosures, LPWAN, Smart Cities, Smart Grid, 5G, Data Networking, enclosures and power products, etc.) OEM sales experience and / or cellular communications background in wireless is a plus.
- Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager of Ventev, a member of the Tessco Executive Leadership Team.
- Executing the sales process and go to market campaigns by leading, developing, training and managing the sales and support individuals assigned to them.
- Manage a team responsible for developing (1) underperforming and/or (2) new business accounts at Tessco, into monthly loyal customers.
- Developing new business accounts for Ventev, developing a bench of sales talent, and conducting sales planning sessions with Regional Sales Executives (RSE).
- Collaborate with parent company Tessco sales team on joint channel strategies, and joint marketing campaigns to sell Ventev products.
- Ability to manage high expectation KPI performance sales team.
- Experience developing new sales channels and find partners to build on internal direct sales efforts
- Setting sales goals, managing compensation programs, and setting quotas for the team.
- Building sales plans, analyzing sales data, and a subject matter expert in Sales Force.Com sales tools and data.
- Ability to manage through channel conflict and create new vertical growth opportunities.
- Effective motivator to help team recover when off plan and re-evaluate mid-month, mid-quarter to re-focus on strategic accounts and verticals to make up Financial Gaps according to Plans.
- Developing sales training needs on an individual basis.
- Managing customer escalations, as needed.
- Collaborate with supply chain on forecasting opportunities and managing inventory.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate a team of sales professionals w/high degree of knowledge of telecommunications, Wi-Fi, access points, etc.
- Experience in technology- based business-to-business relationship-solution sales selling, and a complete understanding of supply chain principles from quote to cash.
- Strong conflict management and time management skills.
- Strong analytical background in creating dashboards, KPI’s scorecards in SFDC.
- A Bachelor's degree in math, science, business and/or engineering, is highly desired.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 10-15 years of Sales Leadership Experience building, managing, and developing national/regional sales team in a B2B environment.