The Director, Vendor Management LATAM – Security & Data Center is the single point of accountability for the holistic running of the local and global business for our Security and Data Center vendors as well as managing the local and global business and providing our vendor partners a combined export and high value solution strategy for growth. Success is dependent on delivering high-quality results in accordance with our core values and organization design principles. This strategic leader must have the knowledge, skills and abilities; and, the right mindset, behaviors and attitude to lead a diverse, matrixed organization.
Primary responsibilities of the Director:
- Deliver results. Deliver committed results within Ingram Micro's strict compliance guidelines.
- Set the agenda. Position Ingram Micro for sustainable, quality growth via robust strategic plans and represent One Ingram in the market.
- Maximize the ecosystem. Leverage Country/BUs as a strategic advantage and execute our value proposition and partner strategies to deliver shareholder value.
- Develop functional expertise. Master functional knowledge by taking ownership and accountability of functional excellence and continuous improvement within the country.
- Create a winning culture. Foster a high-performance culture through exceptional leadership, engagement strategies and talent development (or bench building).
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive the regional business development strategy of our $3b business in Latin America, across the full partner spectrum from vendor to distributor to reseller to end-user.
- Lead the execution of a 3-year investment plan across tiered country capabilities with the support of a regional and global teams.
- Able to build vendor & technology plans, strong sense for technology & solutions-sales oriented pitching towards vendor & reseller partners.
- Analytical skills around financials, applied in a sense that this must have been part of his/her business background before, across more than just one country geo ideally.
- Can live with high levels of ambiguity, rally teams & different stakeholders behind him/her, lead through influence and role modeling.
- Has strong thought leadership when it comes to building out technology practices & competencies across a region or at least a cluster of countries.
- Has led teams in diverse cultural and functional environments, knows how to lead virtual teams and be part of a bigger global business development community.
- Ideally has had local P&L management experience, to understand what our CCEs are facing daily in terms of challenges.
- Ideally has had regional experience, either full P&L or functional P&L e.g. Sales & Marketing responsibility across the regions, so to understand the regional challenges.
- Able to function in matrix organization, excellent communication skills, resilient, proactive and not easily frustrated.
- Needs to have tenure in either VAD distribution space or within Value space of a OEM/vendor or large reseller in Security and Data Center.
- Has strong presentation skills, high energy & persuasive, combined with the right executive presence, whether it's at external events, at C-level meetings or at middle management team meetings
- B.S./BA in business or related field. MBA preferred
- 10+ years' experience within distribution, technology, product or services industries – preferably as a owner or in a top leadership role. 8 – 10 years of progressively responsible experience in sales, marketing, business development or product management with strong leadership experience.
- Expertise/Experience in cyber security vendor management and distribution.
- Team Leadership / People management / General Management experience
- Bilingual: Preferably Spanish-native speaker, very proficient in English, written & spoken, fluency in Portuguese as well ideally