The Director of IT Vendor/Resource Management and IT Finance is responsible for establishing and leading the Vendor Management Office that will govern all technology and IT vendors for HGV”. This position will be responsible for a combination of IT vendor contract, performance relationship and risk management. In addition to vendor management, this position will partner with the PMO, Business Engagement and Architecture for short and long term resource planning. This position will also be responsible for IT Finance to include capital and operating expense budgeting, forecasting and long range planning. This role is a leadership reporting to the VP of Strategy and Architecture and will work closely with CIO, other IT leaders and legal.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Provide leadership and set the strategic direction, mission and vision of the vendor management office (VMO) or vendor management capability in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the technology organization and the business.
- Develop organizational design and functional roles and responsibilities for technology vendor management.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders — including IT and business resources, sourcing and procurement
- Provide assistance to legal, procurement and IT teams to optimize the cost-effectiveness of negotiations and ensure compliance of negotiated agreements to established vendor management policies and practices (such as articulation of service levels and deliverables, etc.).
- Manage the maintenance/enhancement of tools for use in vendor management, including vendor tracking, analytics and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards).
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a repository of vendors in a contract management database or similar solution to track key dates (expirations, renewals) and assess demand.
- Maintain an inventory of vendor spend by category (software, hardware, telecom, staff augmentation, services), cost center and region.
- Oversee the measurement and reporting of vendor performance, including the development of evaluation tools based on constituent requirements, and the creation of scorecards and dashboards that will accurately present this data.
- Ensure that the metrics used to evaluate performance are properly tied to business outcomes and bias-free, and that the associated communications around these metrics are clear.
- Maintain vendor risk assessments or risk registers in cooperation with risk, privacy, business continuity and security teams
- the monthly forecasting and planning for operating expense and capital
- Lead annual and long-range budget planning process
- Develop short and long-term strategies for resource management to include resources needed, required skill sets, training, etc.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.