Director, Vendor Compliance - Supply Chain
The Director of Vendor Compliance - Supply Chain develops internal and external partnerships to optimize service and cost while enabling and enhancing supply chain capabilities. This role is responsible for leading the teams that provide visibility and strategic support to initiatives that drive efficiency in the flow of goods throughout the PetSmart supply chain.
As Director of Vendor Compliance, you work closely with internal business leaders in Supply Chain, Merchandising, Field Leadership, and Store Operations as well as Merchandising Product Vendors and Transportation Carriers. The ongoing efforts of you and your team drive improvement through various supply chain initiatives and programs with our merchandising vendors, as well as providing visibility and driving service, cost and compliance for PetSmart product shipping from vendor locations to our distribution centers and stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading managers and their teams with professional and non-exempt associates.
- Directs a high performing, customer centric team. Selects, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and identifies development and growth opportunities. Develops associates through coaching, mentoring, performance management, talent management and succession planning.
- Develops work goals and objectives for the department in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides leadership, measurement, and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
- Provides framework and structure for the prioritization and support of Supply Chain initiatives that maximize the company’s investment through collaboration with internal and external business partners. Ensure that these initiatives can be converted into sustainable programs that can be readily adopted across the Supply Chain.
- Works closely with other departments including merchandising, store operations, field Leadership and other areas within the Supply Chain function to drive service to the DCs and stores. Develops strong business partnerships with key PetSmart Service Suppliers for a true Supply Chain to Supply Chain program.
- Develops Supply Chain strategies in partnership with business leaders across the organization to improve shipment visibility and cost-effective movement of consumer goods through PetSmart’s DCs and Stores.
- Build a comprehensive supply chain compliance program that will enable active collaboration, hold our partners accountable to PetSmart standards, and reduce/recover costs.
- Ensure that teams consistently and accurately measure and communicate Key Performance indictors (e.g., OnTimeShipment, Load Quality, Pallet pickups…) with internal and external partners.
- Proactively searches for and implements cost cutting measures, service enhancements, and new innovative ideas to meet current and future business requirements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires knowledge normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related field.
- Requires proficiency typically obtained with 10+ years supply chain experience in a retail, manufacturing, or comparable environment, including 7+ years of demonstrated leadership and business acumen skills.
- Retail experience is strongly preferred
- Requires thorough knowledge of supply chain management strategies and concepts with the ability to align with business strategy and meet objectives.
- Candidates must demonstrate strong strategic thinking, conceptualization, leadership, analytical, organizational, prioritization and teambuilding skills.
- Extensive knowledge of key cost drivers within supply chain required. Must demonstrate an ability to lead, evaluate and develop professional staff and resources.
- Requires operational management, budget responsibility, and project delivery experience.
- Candidate must have outstanding human relations skills to build effective relationships with team, leadership and business partners.
- Listens attentively and responds in a sensitive and appropriate manner, treating all with respect and dignity.
- Requires written and verbal communication skills to effectively present information to senior leadership.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel, and other systems as required.