The longer story:
The OutSystems low-code platform enables customers to facilitate digital transformation through massive efficiency gains in building and supporting enterprise-grade applications. By leveraging automation, artificial intelligence and deep technology integrations, software developers and business users can build applications through an intuitive, visual interface, rather than traditional coding. Customers experience tremendous cost savings, create competitive advantages and uncover new revenue streams by developing custom applications in days and weeks versus months and years, despite a shortage of skilled developers.
How this role fits:
This role is strategic to the company’s growth and scale and is the accelerant to the company’s overall sales and customer success mission. It will drive a faster and more predictable ramp of revenue, increase productivity of quota carriers, advance customer adoption and success, and will play a key integration role between Product Management, Marketing and field teams.
The ideal candidate will be highly credible and have 8+ years’ successful experience operating within discrete (or non-discrete) quota carrying functions, will be an expert in strategy and business consulting through C-Level connections and engagements and have significant experience shaping and articulating the impact of software on a customers change agenda.
- Build, execute and embed the Value Consulting function in US West and Central regions. Establish yourself and the function as genuine Business Partners to the field leadership as critical sales experts providing additive value to the sales motion, customer interactions, adoption, and overall success.
- Support the Sales and Customer Success motions by directly engaging with field teams and customers to build strategic, compelling, well aligned and objective business justifications that drive customer success and adoption of the OutSystems platform. This role is predominantly a customer facing role.
- Drive repeatability and best practice by integrating and embedding value-based expertise, packaged tools and repeatable approaches observed from work in the field into the broader field selling motion. Look for opportunities to build and lead scalable programs and to interlock with other OutSystems functions.
- Coach Sales teams on expert solution methodologies. Partner with the US Central and West Leadership team ensuring continuous improvement in the role-based skills necessary to succeed, including the inspection of and execution of sales opportunities, repeatability of the sales methodology, and the use of value selling solutions and techniques in the customer buying experience and customer success mission.
- Provide strategic planning and coaching with sales leadership, field sales teams and supporting organizations on the execution of their campaigns and opportunities utilizing supported value-selling methodologies and resources.
- Coach and develop field leaders by executing with them the best practice techniques and business cadence to ensure each is maximizing and continuously evolving the value they deliver to their assigned field sales teams, prospects and customers.
- Drive interlock between sales, technical functions, services, product, and customer success managers to build, increase and accelerate opportunity value while ensuring customer success through solid value realization plans which speed usage and adoption.
- Innovate within teams and across other key LAER functions to develop new propositions, methods, tools and advisory workshops that accelerate, improve, and scale the selling motion across all phases while increasing the company’s growth trajectory.
- Help to integrate value selling and expert functions into messaging, sales plays, demos, and proof events for optimal sales acceleration.
- 10 + years' high-tech field experience in sales, sales leadership, and/or consulting in both startup and maturing, high-growth companies.
- Strong knowledge of the traditional and modern application development technologies and frameworks, including mobile, agile methods, and devops.
- Expert in the C-suite and aligning solutions to business and technology needs, driving repeatable positive outcomes for both sales and customer success.
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally.
- Consistent track record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in sales and sales leadership roles as well as in field-supporting roles.
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500.
- Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support for sales through to customer success - must have a demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Strong sales strategy analysis and a good understanding of how application development teams support the business.
- Solid business case creation and analysis skills using a highly consultative approach.
- Excellent financial and business acumen in multiple business functional areas.
- Willing to travel significantly.