Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.
As a Director on AppFolio’s Value Added Services team, you will drive the growth and evolution of a scalable, industry-leading maintenance service offering that is loved by AppFolio’s property manager customers and their tenants. In this role, you will lead a large team and own the revenue and cost goals of the service.
What you’ll do:
- Meet or exceed revenue goals and manage internal and third party contact center costs in accordance with budget.
- Improve contact center operations by working with partner(s) to define, monitor, and enforce appropriate service levels.
- Develop and lead a clear, coordinated short- and long-term sales, staffing, and product strategy for AppFolio’s maintenance service and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on the goals and the strategy.
- Partner with product teams to develop a strategy for using leading-edge technology to evolve our maintenance service offering and implement a corresponding execution plan.
- Define and track KPIs and set aggressive performance targets for each, outlining concrete steps to achieve them.
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to enhance the customer experience end-to-end.
- Grow and maintain a high-performing, highly engaged team. Set clear roles & responsibilities and empower the team to deliver on business goals and opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 5+ years experience, including a minimum of 2 years of customer-facing experience inside a technology company (preferably SaaS or e-commerce).
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated expertise in distilling complex data and information into simple concepts & compelling stories, informing go-forward decisions.
- Broad experience building, managing, and developing high-performing teams of 20+ people, including experienced managers.
- Experience negotiating third party service agreements and managing those ongoing vendor partnerships.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively operate with flexibility in a high-growth, constantly evolving team environment.
- Customer-centric mentality and product line management skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management within AppFolio, including: sales, marketing, engineering, product, and finance to understand the broader context for decision making and to achieve goals with cross-functional dependencies.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Today our software solutions exist in two verticals including the real estate (AppFolio Property Manager, AppFolio Property Manager PLUS, and AppFolio Investment Manager) and legal (MyCase) industries.