We're looking for an experienced design leader to deliver a high-quality product experience across all our products. As the director responsible for the user experience function in the company, you will help drive the future of design for our consumer-facing products. You'll own projects and collaborate closely with our engineering, product, data and marketing teams. That's practically the entire breadth of the company because we believe that the primary role of design is to deliver a clearly thought-through end-to-end product solution that takes every aspect of product delivery into mind.
What You'll Do
• You'll lead the UX team and work in partnership with Engineering and Product to continually iterate on our UX vision, strategy and processes for all customer-facing products.
• Define the overall UX strategy and vision for our products, working with department heads to ensure full alignment
• Research and advance ways to conceptualize and advance the user experience;
• Drive the product's branding - you'll own the palettes, fonts, icons, styles, shapes and animations of our next generation platform;
• Inspire our team; we're great at developing ideas that expand and add power to our product but you'll keep us focused on not only the "what" but more importantly the "why";
• Conduct and build in-house capabilities for user research, to test and validate design concepts with end users
• Manage and mentor a team of product and brand designers, and grow the team as the company continues to expand
• You have 8+ years of experience in user experience design required, with 3+ years managing a team of designers
You have a consistent track record of launching simple, effective, and beautiful products in a highly collaborative work environment.
• Portfolio of past UX projects or projects you have led.
• You have extensive experience advancing UX best practices to design complete user experiences that both meet business needs and align with product vision.
• You're a master of visualization and can effectively communicate your vision via design.
• You have a strong point of view; you're willing to engage in constructive debate and dialogue with your internal partners across technology teams.